Current time: 06-25-2017, 12:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coward
06-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Coward
When I was in highschool, I studied japanese on my own, and there was two or three sentences in my book that I didn't understand at one point so i asked for help to a japanese guy I knew, sent them the pictures and asked him nicely if he could translate the sentences for me, he said "yes, I will do it, no problem, don't worry". After two weeks I didn't get any response so I asked him if everything was alright and he said "yes yes i am working on it" and I was surprised because there were only 2 or 3 sentences yet it took him a long time to translate them, but I didn't say anything. A month had passed and my exam was a week after, so I sent him a message, and he never replied : i would see the "read" sign but no answer. 2 months had passed and that's when I understood that the guy wasn't actually planning on helping me and he was trying to ignore me to avoid confrontation. He then blocked me and I never got any help from him... I read somewhere that most japanese people avoid saying no and they are rather indirect, so I guess he tried to avoid hurting my feelings, but it pisses me off a lot. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)