Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Could you pass a US citizenship test?
In order to become a US citizen, immigrants must pass the Naturalization Test. American citizenship bestows the right to vote, improves the likelihood of family members living in other countries to come and live in the US, gives eligibility for federal jobs, and can be a way to demonstrate loyalty to the US. Applicants must get 6 answers out of 10 in an oral exam to pass the test. According to US Citizenship and Immigration services, 92 percent of applicants pass this test.

This test, which was created by The Christian Science Monitor newspaper has 100 questions.
You must get 58 or more of these test questions correct in order to pass.

Could you pass a US citizenship test?

Your total score will be provided at the end of the test.
The average score is 84%.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I scored 66% (63 correct, 33 wrong, 96 questions.)
Am a good 'guesser' ;-)
No question on Hollywood movies/stars Angry
Thanks Mr Obama. Am happy where I am.

Edit: They should include one important question.
Which side of the road should you drive on ?
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
so am I,no reason to even look at it
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(07-01-2014, 01:50 AM)radiobox Wrote: They should include one important question.

Which side of the road should you drive on ?

you don't need to drive to become a citizen so why bother?
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Am not sure you can get by in America without a car. That's what I've heard. Better to know _that_ than end up driving like 'Anthony Hopkins' in 'The World's Fastest Indian' movie. Hehe.

But again, I could be allowed to be a citizen, without having to know that the speaker of the house takes over if both the President and V.P. die. I don't see why that is more important.
If the questionnaire had been set by a driving school inspector instead of a history teacher, my question would proly find a place. :-)
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
It is not a very difficult test.
I got 96 out of 100.
I had 3 questions wrong, and I missed one real easy question by accidentally skipping it.
I was clicking again on my mouse while the screen was waiting to refresh.
- Robert A. Heinlein
despite the ease of the actual u.s. citizenship test, many people fail the test and migrate to canada instead.

(07-01-2014, 08:45 AM)radiobox Wrote: Am not sure you can get by in America without a car. That's what I've heard. Better to know _that_ than end up driving like 'Anthony Hopkins' in 'The World's Fastest Indian' movie. Hehe.

But again, I could be allowed to be a citizen, without having to know that the speaker of the house takes over if both the President and V.P. die. I don't see why that is more important.
If the questionnaire had been set by a driving school inspector instead of a history teacher, my question would proly find a place. :-)

you don't need a car in the united states, but it does make traveling easier... but in certain metropolitan areas, a car is an absolute necessity.

as far as the speaker of the house taking over in the event of the president and vp both being rendered unusable, it's important for the government to know that you know because it demonstrates continuity of government... that no matter what, someone is in charge.

although, that's only for the political apparatus. really, if all hell breaks loose, fema takes control of everything.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(07-01-2014, 08:45 AM)radiobox Wrote: But again, I could be allowed to be a citizen, without having to know that the speaker of the house takes over if both the President and V.P. die. I don't see why that is more important.

On a verbal US citizenship test, you would be asked just 10 questions, at least 6 of which you must answer correctly.
It is not a very difficult test. Many millions of people have successfully passed it.

The United States has a well defined line of succession, if both the president and vice president should get killed.
You can study the full line of succession to the United States presidency here: United States presidential line of succession
- Robert A. Heinlein
That is good info from both of you. Thank you.

I was thinking there were just too many questions in it on knowing the constitution. But I learnt now the test is a 100+ years old (proly more).

I learnt from this link that judges from way back in 1800s were responsible for insisting knowledge of Constitution in the citizenship tests. Wonder how other countries conduct such tests.
http://www.uscis.gov/history-and-genealo...ivics-test
I got a 91%, well above average.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could you pass an Australian citizenship test? velvetfog 5 2,716 07-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Last Post: LZA
  Could you pass a British citizenship test? velvetfog 2 1,407 07-02-2014, 02:26 PM
  Could you pass a Canadian citizenship test? velvetfog 6 2,096 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM