• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cost of paracetamol...
    I noticed I'm a bit prone to headaches lately...excessive studying, working, being out and about, etc. Thus I have started to take paracetamol to try to suppress these pains.
    Anyway, I recall paracetamol was being monopolised by GSK's Panadol back home...where a pack could easily cost you £2+ for just basic paracetamol. To put that into perspective, I'll use a McD cheeseburger...I can get around 2 cheeseburgers for that. Here in UK, it's totally different. I can buy a pack of basic paracetamol for like 40p or even less! That's less than half a cheeseburger!!!

So what I'm curious about is what's the general price of paracetamol of where you are, and how does that compare to the price of an McD cheeseburger (or equivalent, cheapest Savers Menu burger)?

Ps. As I type this, I have just used up the last of the 40p pack of paracetamol...Sad

The mad Wolf rages on.
    [Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]
    acetaminophen for 40 pence... so that's about 50 cents.

depending on if it's brand name or not you can get a 100 mg for 25 cents... but it's sold in two, two packs so 400 mg for 1 dollar.

the potential health risks are free.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Be careful self-medicating with paracetemol. If you're going through more than one box per month, you'll fuck your liver right up. Try alternatives like getting more sleep, getting more natural daylight, and drink more water (because headaches are commonly caused by being dehydrated).

I dunno where you hail from but now you're in england, you can see how ridiculous some of our laws are. For example, you can only purchase 2 boxes of paracetemol (containing 16 tablets) at a time, in case you get the urge to kill yourself, but there's nothing to stop a person calling in 10 different shops, buying 2 boxes from each, and then killing themselves. Nor does it stop shops from selling lengths of rope should you want to hang yourself, or knives to stab yourself with etc.

It's the nanny government who think we're all stupid and need protecting from ourselves who are to blame for this sad state of affairs, but at least you can buy paracetemol for as little as 25p a box (from Wilko). Big Grin

No macslavery comparisons from me, I've never eaten macdonalds food and have no idea what it costs.
    i'm sure that if people realized that it could take weeks to die from overdosing on that stuff if at all... and it's absolutely painful, they'd jump off a bridge or something instead.

so you guys have a limit on how much you can buy?? it's just tylenol... so weird.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Oh Spud, you're right, there is indeed a limit of how many I can buy in one go. Nonetheless, I recall Boots was doing somewhere below 20p a box. Then again, Wilko/Boots/Tescos/Sainsburys/anything is like at least 30 minutes' walk away. So I ended up investing 40p in one of those campus convenience shops...

Fear not guys, I won't OD...I feel headache-free for now Big Grin
    (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 07:17 PM by wolfis.)

The mad Wolf rages on.
    you know, i've been reading into this some more and have discovered something shocking... regulating the supply of tylenol (paracetamol) works... at reducing kidney damage... since no one really dies from overdosing.

go figure.

(10-27-2015, 11:37 PM)sporkium Wrote:  you know, i've been reading into this some more and have discovered something shocking... regulating the supply of tylenol (paracetamol) works... at reducing kidney damage... since no one really dies from overdosing.

go figure.

Hmm...I really gotta look up what this tylenol people keep mentioning is!!! :O

The mad Wolf rages on.
    It's just the american version of paracetemol Smile

spork you're right about very few people overdosing on paracetemol - the real danger lies in the liver damage that follows. Even if a person changes their mind during their suicide mission and calls 999 for help (and is saved), they're likely to suffer with liver problems afterwards, depending on the amount took and their metabolism rate etc.

What's scary about paracetemol toxicity is that you might not show symptoms of overdose for up to 24 hours.
    i'd be more worried about the kidneys.... i'd hate to have to have regular dialysis appointments.

in the united states, tylenol overdoses are mostly associated with teenagers... particularly those with an affinity for black lipstick and shopping at the hot topic.

meh. when it comes to suicide, the only thing that beats gravity are inert gases.

I see!
    I never really understood the approach of OD-ing for suicide...it seems to be quite costly and slow...

The mad Wolf rages on.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by AliShibaz
    01-02-2015, 02:06 PM