Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Compulsive liar jailed after 11 false rape claims in decade
Compulsive liar jailed after 11 false rape claims in decade

A compulsive liar made almost a dozen false claims that she was raped in nearly a decade after making her first complaint at the age of 13, a court has heard.

26th February 2013

[Image: fu105.jpg]
Elizabeth Jones has been jailed after 11 false rape claims in a decade

Elizabeth Jones, 22, admitted she lied about the latest rape allegation because she “did not like” the man she accused of attacking her, Southampton Crown Court was told.

Her latest victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested and questioned for nine hours before being released without charge.

After a judge jailed her for 16 months, it emerged today that she made her first complaint in 2004 aged just 13 before alleging other men had attacked her over the next nine years.

In 2009 she was given a ten month detention and training order for a similar offence.

Between 2005 and 2007 she had made eight other allegations, which police investigated, but she was never charged.

In the latest incident, Hampshire Police launched an investigation after Jones, from Southampton, Hants, urged an unidentified friend to report she had been assaulted.

She later went to the police station for a medical examination and repeated the false allegation.

Jennie Rickman, prosecuting, told the court that a man was arrested but he denied the rape allegation.

Detectives later viewed CCTV covering part of the house in which Jones claimed to have been attacked, which did not support her story as it showed she was not forcibly taken there.

"There is a history of her making false allegations of this nature and this is the 11th incident,” she said.

"Police had to take her allegation seriously and carried out an appropriate investigation.

"She was later arrested and accepted she had lied about being raped - she said she did it because she did not like him."

Jones admitted one count of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Jailing her for 16 months, Judge Derwin Hope said her offences had caused a "terrible emotional experience" to her alledged attacker.

But he also said it struck at the heart of the criminal justice system.

Megan Topliss, defending, said her client had endured a disturbed childhood and had been left traumatised after being taken into care.

Jones immediately accepted she had lied when approached by the police and pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity, she added.

source

This horrible, horrible woman clearly doesn't realise how serious an allegation of rape really is. The second a man is accused of rape, his life is put on hold, while the police/courts process the case, not to mention his friends/family are going to be severely tested. Even if proved innocent of the crime, once a man has an accusation next to his name, there's always that nagging feeling in the back of one's mind as to why, how etc. Mud sticks, and people have shitty, selective memories.

At the first offence, derp face should have been made to attend a rape trial at a crown court, so she can witness first-hand the horror of the details of a case, witness testimony, cross-examination, all under the intimidating guise of the court. If she had been dealt with appropriately in the first offence, then maybe she wouldn't have created this pattern of lies and accusations against innocent men. A 16 month jail sentence is taking the piss as Jones will likely only serve a few months. 5 years is more fitting for this repulsive scumbitch for ruining the lives of innocents. How dare she make light of a horrific crime like this. I'm genuinely disgusted with her, and with the police and courts for not doing enough to put a stop to her lies. Wonder if she's heard of the boy who cried wolf.

Another thing that makes my shit itch is poor Jones' 'disturbed childhood,' that was mentioned in court like it had some relevence. It's the whole absolving responsibility thang again. 'Oh, i lied and made false accusations cuz i had a crap childhood.' Boo hoo you twisted retarded fuck. You're not the victim here, the poor men you accused of rape are the victims.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
yes,being accused of rape and pedophily are being the worst things when it's not true in the end,specially if your name and adress are mentioned in the press which gives you and your family no chance .
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
It makes a refreshing change that for once, the media haven't revealed the accused's name. Normally, the gutter press of Britain would have plastered his face all over the papers, with the implication that because he's been accused, then he must have done something. Of course, the media haven't done this for moral or ethical reasons, it's because they faced a very angry backlash from the public when they portrayed an innocent landlord as a weirdo monster in a murder case a while back. He turned out to be completely innocent, and so folk said 'enough is enough.' Maybe common sense is making a comeback.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
i don't know how it is now,but in holland the press was never allowed to put names in the paper,only initials,if you were guilty or not , as it should be

I noticed though that they put the name of the chick and her photo,which is not right either
of small minds[
(02-27-2013, 08:38 AM)srijantje Wrote: I noticed though that they put the name of the chick and her photo,which is not right either

You mean Elizabeth Jones, the compulsive liar and convicted criminal? I don't see a problem with naming or publicising the details of convicted criminals at all, it's standard practice to let the public know about these people.

Don't the 11 men (and their families) whose lives she tried to destroy deserve vindication? At least they can hold their heads high again, now that the world knows what a lying evil little cow she is.

If you don't mind me asking Sj, why do you feel it's not right for Jones' name and photograph to be made public?
I hope the bitch gets raped in prison.
It is about time that her sick fantasies come true.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(02-27-2013, 12:28 PM)Spudgun17 Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 08:38 AM)srijantje Wrote: I noticed though that they put the name of the chick and her photo,which is not right either

You mean Elizabeth Jones, the compulsive liar and convicted criminal? I don't see a problem with naming or publicising the details of convicted criminals at all, it's standard practice to let the public know about these people.

Don't the 11 men (and their families) whose lives she tried to destroy deserve vindication? At least they can hold their heads high again, now that the world knows what a lying evil little cow she is.

If you don't mind me asking Sj, why do you feel it's not right for Jones' name and photograph to be made public?
because of collateral damage so to speak,she might have children or other family members who will get harassed.can you imagine to be the child of a pedophile going to school next day after their father has been exposed,as an example?
what good will it do to put her name and photo in the newspaper anyway?except for sensation value?
of small minds[
What sensational value? While I think it's sad that children and others suffer for their parent's crimes, I also think that the public have a right to know who the rapists, pedos, and other nasties are. Convicted criminals should not have the right to privacy when it comes to the public good.

Say for arguments sake, that Jones accused you of rape. Your family supports you and believes you innocent, but slowly, the other people around you start to have doubts, after all, why would a woman make such a serious allegation like that? Maybe it's true after all? The promotion your boss gave you has been delayed pending the outcome of the case. Your work colleagues start to feel uneasy about being associated with a rapist. (It's not long before the language changes from 'accused of rape' to 'rapist.') The negative mud-dragging publicity is grinding your loved ones down, and they don't know how long they can take it for. You wake up one morning to find someone has vandalised your car with battery acid, with the words 'go to hell, rapist!,' and it's not long before people start to whisper and whistle. After being hounded for say 6 months, you finally conclude that life is not worth living anymore and you can't bear to put your family through this any longer.

Once the court case has reached it's climax, and you're declared to be innocent, wouldn't you want that bitches name and pic in all the papers, in as many places as possible, so that everyone you know can see for themselves that you are indeed innocent, and were all along? It brings a slight degree of closure to be able to say 'look, i went through hell because of her accusation, but now you can see that not only am i innocent, but she also accused 10 other men of the same crime.' Slowly, i guess, you can start to try to rebuild/get on with your life.

If Jones had a right to anonymity, everyone will probably think you're guilty because people need to see the perps face. No perp = doubt. Whether Jones had kids of her own is a non-issue. Forget the perp's family members for a moment and consider the children of the men who were falsely accused. How do you think they felt being teased at school with hurtful quips like 'you're daddy is a rapist'? People like Jones who make multiple false accusations are deranged and dangerous to everyone around them. People have a right to know who these sick fucks are, including their name and face. If Jones does have kids, then it's her responsibility to ensure their safety and stability, it's her own fault if her despicable behaviour results in 'collateral damage.'
My error.
(02-28-2013, 01:46 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote: What sensational value? While I think it's sad that children and others suffer for their parent's crimes, I also think that the public have a right to know who the rapists, pedos, and other nasties are. Convicted criminals should not have the right to privacy when it comes to the public good.

Say for arguments sake, that Jones accused you of rape. Your family supports you and believes you innocent, but slowly, the other people around you start to have doubts, after all, why would a woman make such a serious allegation like that? Maybe it's true after all? The promotion your boss gave you has been delayed pending the outcome of the case. Your work colleagues start to feel uneasy about being associated with a rapist. (It's not long before the language changes from 'accused of rape' to 'rapist.') The negative mud-dragging publicity is grinding your loved ones down, and they don't know how long they can take it for. You wake up one morning to find someone has vandalised your car with battery acid, with the words 'go to hell, rapist!,' and it's not long before people start to whisper and whistle. After being hounded for say 6 months, you finally conclude that life is not worth living anymore and you can't bear to put your family through this any longer.

Once the court case has reached it's climax, and you're declared to be innocent, wouldn't you want that bitches name and pic in all the papers, in as many places as possible, so that everyone you know can see for themselves that you are indeed innocent, and were all along? It brings a slight degree of closure to be able to say 'look, i went through hell because of her accusation, but now you can see that not only am i innocent, but she also accused 10 other men of the same crime.' Slowly, i guess, you can start to try to rebuild/get on with your life.

If Jones had a right to anonymity, everyone will probably think you're guilty because people need to see the perps face. No perp = doubt. Whether Jones had kids of her own is a non-issue. Forget the perp's family members for a moment and consider the children of the men who were falsely accused. How do you think they felt being teased at school with hurtful quips like 'you're daddy is a rapist'? People like Jones who make multiple false accusations are deranged and dangerous to everyone around them. People have a right to know who these sick fucks are, including their name and face. If Jones does have kids, then it's her responsibility to ensure their safety and stability, it's her own fault if her despicable behaviour results in 'collateral damage.'
i don't forget the children and fam.of the man falsely accused,if his name hadn't been in the paper nobody would have known.
why should the public have to know who the nasties are?if the public is informed the fam.also suffers,i don't think that's fair,pedos,lockthem up for life,rapists 20 years,end of story
of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  False advertising. radiobox 1 1,425 10-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Last Post: srijantje
  U.S. Navy pair held in rape in Okinawa Spud17 6 3,368 10-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Spud17
  Media portrayals of rape heslopian 3 2,016 09-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Last Post: sporkium