Current time: 07-27-2017, 09:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Claim to fame
11-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Claim to fame
What's your claim to fame? Please share your funny/embarrassing/cool stories.

Mine is i used to work at Old Trafford - home of Manchester United F.C. - when Eric Cantona was there. I thought his feet belonged to the gods and i had an urge to say hello to him, so i brushed up on my French phrases and waited for him one day to come out of the player's tunnel. I'd really psyched myself up and was very nervous.. my throat went super dry the second i spotted him... and as he walked towards me i greeted him with "Bon Jovi!" He just smiled and looked bemused, then scored several goals on the pitch. I wanted the ground to swallow me up, i was so embarrassed. Big Grin

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: Claim to fame
LMAOLMAOLMAO

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 07:00 AM by snilloc.)
OK so way back in 1982 my work involved me regularly going to Elstree Studios.

After doing what I had to do work wise I went for a pint in the bar, chatting away as you do I was just finishing my pint when the noisy people next to me one of them accidentally knocked into me spilling the last few sips of my drink. “I am terribly sorry” came a voice I knew I turned and was eye to eye with Sean Connery!

I tried to say it was ok as I was just leaving but he insisted on buying me another pint and then went back to his conversation.

That’s my claim to fame such as it is, Sean Connery bought me a pint!!Yay

Oh yes they were filming Never Say Never Again
YayYayYayYay
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Cool stories, cool thread. Cool

I was a LAX completely lost (as usual) and when I turned a corner I was face-to-face with the legendary (to me) Barbara Eden. Smile She was very nice when I recognized her and spoke and even gave me a hug! Big Grin

Wildcard is awesome.
11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
i saw god once.....Tongue

of small minds[
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Well I saw Jesus when I was tripping does that count?
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
I could have had a claim to fame when I was a kid - I and another "talented student" were invited to meet a pop band and some TV celebrities - but I squandered it so I could camping in the dank Welsh countryside with my church group.
11-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I talked to Keith Richards and his wife in a Paris restaurant once,don't know if you could call that a claim to fame

of small minds[
11-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Ive met numerous entertainers as i have friends in the business. But one i will always remember is meeting Chris Ledoux the country singer. My dad and i ran into him at a truckstop and He invited us into his bus. He was so kind and down to earth. very cowboy type guy. and He was also an artist. He made sculptures out of scrap metal by welding it all together. showed us some pics of his work. He was very good.

Ive also met. Vince Gill and Amy Grant. T Graham Brown. Petra. Joe Diffie. Chuck Berry. Kirk Franklin. Randy Owen. and a few others.

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
(11-12-2012 10:08 PM)Bunny Wrote:  Petra

Wow I didn't know anyone else knew they existed. I met some of the band members once backstage at a church they were playing, but I'll be damned if I can remember any of their names.

Wildcard is awesome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)