Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

China stockmarket crash and the future.
Am trying to understand the collapse of the Chinese stockmarket and its implications for the future for China and other countries.

Came across one recommended article.
It is a bit deep for me, though it is supposed to be meant for a '5 year old' Blush
Thought I'd share it all the same and see what views/opinions you have to offer on this topic.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexcha...rket-crash

Apologies, I couldn't write a better 'opener' for the topic.

Thank you.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
Ever heard of the South Seas trading company? That was an example of major manipulation of stock, it was very interesting to learn about it actually. It seems to me that the only people who benefit from the stock market are those who run it.
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
yeah,let's say they can certainly not loose @ColeMacGrath
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I find it surprising that a govt holds so much control over the stock market.

Curiously enough, on the Chinese bourses, the colour red indicates a stock that is doing well and the colour green a stock that is going down.

I heard about this little story a few days back on radio. Someone can confirm.
It seems a few years back, the British Pound Sterling was depreciating pretty badly.
The govt. merely requested the citizens to do nothing more than pay their taxes, which the citizens did and it saved the situation. UK is a comparatively small country and easier to manage. Not sure about China. For that matter an not sure about any other country nowadays. The sky looks blue and all of a sudden you find some major company has 'cooked' its books and down goes the stock market and all.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China Ban TV Ads For 'Bling' Mark 4 1,707 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Last Post: srijantje
  Fight over snack in China lights up blogosphere Spud17 15 4,356 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Last Post: lightbulb
  Motorway Built Around Couple's Home in China's Wenling City Spud17 16 5,387 12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Last Post: snilloc