Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Chick Fillet
Can anyone summarize the issue with these Chick Fillet restaurants?

I've tried reading some of the news stories about them and as far as I can tell, the owner of these restaurants is a Christian Fundamentalist and has made some anti-gay remarks.

But, surely there is more to it than that. Isn't there?

I mean lots of business owners have made anti-gay remarks in the past without resulting in such a public furor.

I figure that I must be missing something.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you.
chick-fil-a*

the president of the company opposes same sex marriages...

the homosexuals are upset about people having opinions...

the rest of the corporations have begun circling chick-fil-a like sharks in order to turn a greater profit...

the politicians have discovered that they can get more votes by following pop-culture...

the media has discovered that they can get more advertising dollars by reporting non-news.

welcome to the new global economy.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Heh! Very interesting.

It's no surprise to me that the other fast food restaurants would try to slam Chick-Fil-A in order to get a bigger market share.

I am surprised about the politicians, though. Not that they would try to get more votes. But just that they would have an opinion about this topic. I'm surprised that most of them would even understand what same-sex marriages are. IMO, many American politicians are the biggest bunch of dorks existing and know almost nothing about anything. Fucking ridiculous old clueless assholes. It really rots my socks to think that our security and future lies in the hands of those ridiculous fucks.

I am surprised however that the owners of Chick-Fil-A (I read somewhere that it is a privately owned company) would dig in their heels and try to make an even bigger issue out of this. But for whatever reason they are doing that, it seems to be working for them. They seem to be making more profit every time they open their mouths (I'll omit the pun about the public opening their mouths to eat their sandwiches).

Personally, I'd just like to try one of their sandwiches to see if they are as good as so many people say they are.

But, at any rate, it just seems like kind of a sad state of affairs when the food is a lesser important issue than the state of the owners' politics. Oh well.

They don't have any of those restaurants in Canada. So I guess that I'll just have to wait untill the nex time I am in the USA to try one.
there are only a few politicians that can actually be called dorks... the rest are very sly and true to their cause: themselves.

the other companies that are benefiting from this story aren't other fast food chains... they are transportation companies, food stuff companies, clothing... electronics... just about everyone.

the large cities are all going to try to ensure that no homosexual feelings are hurt since their constituents are a bunch of bleeding heart simpletons... but it's not right to discriminate against a company simply because the president of that company has an opinion. you know that when hurt feelings take priority over civil rights... stuff is screwed up.

i believe it was boston that had spoke against this fast-food chain first... welps... the right to an opinion no longer exists in boston... and now the right to an opinion no longer exists in chicago.

this type of activity is really nothing new... people have been boycotting stuff they don't like in an effort to force other people to do what they want for ages. nothing new here.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.