• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Closed
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't access site directly
    since yesterday evening i can't access the forum in normal ways,i get "server not found"page,so i went through a proxy this morning and it worked,anybody any ideas?i'm using safari browser,tried on firefox,same results

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    the site might be being blocked or there might be some kind of hick-up somewhere. you live in india, right?

* sporkium moves this to 'site issues'

this seems like a more logical place.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    since yesterday i can't connect to the forum,i get the "server not found"page,so i went through a proxie this morning and it worked[there are a few more sites i have a prob.with],i mainly use safari but on firefox i get the same results,anybody any ideas?

of small minds[
    let's try a quick dns server test...

click on the apple logo (upper left hand corner), and select 'system preferences.'

once preferences window shows up, select 'network.'

-if you have a system password set up, click on the lock at authenticate access... if not, don't.

in the 'DNS servers' box, enter: 8.8.8.8 and then select apply now.

in firefox or safari, attempt to access the site directly: http://www.rantcentralforums.com

post your results.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    i tried that,didn't work ,the settings in the box revert back to the old one

of small minds[
    it reverted? for the location, is it set for 'automatic?'

if so, create a new location and name it 'google dns.'

then just enter "8.8.8.8" and see if that sticks.

from a logical stand point, if you can access the site from a proxy, but not directly, the issue is probably not on your end, but somewhere in between.

yes,that's what i thought,for example,i can't access aljazeera directly,then found out the gov.here has an issue with them,but rantcentral?

by the way,it won't stick

of small minds[
    hmmm... is it giving you any type of message? and... the little lock in the corner... is it in the locked mode or unlocked mode?

i give you a run of what i did
    sys pref,network,unlocl lock,go advanced,go to dns server,2 boxes
    1,dns servers[has a nr in it]
    2,search domains,empty
    when i click on + the nr disappears and a checkbox appears,i put 8 etc then apply it,goes back to network with the old nr.restored

of small minds[
    hmmm.... i'm assuming that 'nr' means no route...

try rebooting you mac... if that does not work... sounds like more like a 'mark' or 'hz' problem to me...

Thread Closed

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by radiobox
    02-25-2015, 11:23 PM
    Last Post by Mark
    04-18-2012, 07:50 AM