Current time: 05-23-2017, 04:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying a modern MP3 player
01-13-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Buying a modern MP3 player
Heh Heh.

Two years old? Egad! You people must think I'm such a goof.

Thanks very much for the info, RB!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2015, 08:02 PM
One more question:

I'm getting ready to go visit an Apple store tomorrow.

Can an IPad do most everything an IPod can?

I ask because I really don't need to go outside and carry something around with me. I'm always indoors and usually sitting at my desk or sitting up in bed. If I got an IPad, would I be missing out on any of the features of the IPod?
01-15-2015, 11:43 PM
(01-15-2015 08:02 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  One more question:

Can an IPad do most everything an IPod can?

I ask because I really don't need to go outside and carry something around with me. I'm always indoors and usually sitting at my desk or sitting up in bed. If I got an IPad, would I be missing out on any of the features of the IPod?

I thought that an ipad was better since it had more bells and whistles. Then I googled ipod vs ipad and brought mr to this link:
http://www.diffen.com/difference/iPad_vs_iPod

This should answer some of your questions about it... All this research tires me...I think I need to go back to the gym and lift heavy weights...See I'd get an iPod for the gym (music)
01-16-2015, 06:15 AM
the ipad can do everything the ipod can... just bigger.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
01-17-2015, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 05:04 AM by auen1.)
Check this Nokia phone out. $29.99 (AT&T no contract) They make then for other carriers too, (and unlocked), but they cost a little bit more.
I just ordered one as a backup phone.
The price is right and has excellent reviews. Even comes with a SIM card included, ($12 value).

At&T has a $2/day, only on days used, GoPhone plan. Don't give anyone your number and use your regular phone for calls.
But the phone can be used without a phone plan.

32 GB SD slot.

Then I'd recommend spending the rest of your money on a blue-tooth headset.
These really rock and sound excellent.

sorry on the image size.
[Image: 71X1D2B1IKL._SL1438_.jpg]

[Image: 41dBtVssU3L.jpg]

[Image: 22fa405b61.gif]
01-17-2015, 10:32 PM
'Sound' advice from auen1. :-)
What happened at the Apple store AliShibaz ?

Have you considered just using your existing laptop/PC, with a good set of speakers 'around' your bed ?
Fill the room with music.
Headphones leave my ears sore after a point.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
01-18-2015, 12:55 PM
I went to several local stores. It was very disappointing.

Each of them had part of what I wanted - which was a 5th generation Ipod with 64GB.

Some had an older IPod. Some had a 32GB IPod but not a 64GB IPod.

I decided to just continue with what I have.

Thanks for your info and support.
01-21-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 08:11 PM by AliShibaz.)
Son of a Bitch! Fuck!

I accidently destroyed my MP3 player today and I don't know whether to be pissed off or happy about it.

While waiting to get the version of an IPod that I really want, (I'm not going to spend $300 to buy an IPod if it is less than the version I want. For example, I want one with 64GB - not 32GB. But none of the versions I could find had 64GB. They all had 32GB or less. So, I bought a new cheap Hipstreet player together with a 64GB expansion card and decided to just use it until I could find my ideal IPod.

The IPod with 64GB only costs about $50 more than the one with 32GB. So, it seems to me that it's just silly to buy one with 32GB when I can get one with 64GB for only $50 more.

So, this morning I had two Hipstreet IPods and I decided they were both so cheap that I didn't care if I made a mistake and had to throw one of them out. Well, that is exactly what happened. But not in the way I expected.

I had one Player that was two years old and had 4GB of internal "Flash" memory (at least that is what the User's Guide called it and I had bought a 16GB expansion card at the time I bought it which was the largest expansion card (aka, the UG calls this a Micro SD card).

I also had one Player that I just bought this weekend. It was a Touch Screen version and had 16GB of internal memory plus a 32GB expansion card that I bought. Before taxes, the new Player and the 32GB expansion card cost me about $65. IMHO, $65 is so cheap that I just didn't care if I never used it and had to consider it a loss of the $65. I may buy my IPod soon and never get to use that $65 Player and I just don't care about that. Given the huge difference in price ($65 vs $350), I just don't care about the $65 Player. I want to use it to learn how these Players work but that's about it.

OK. Now here is what happened. I decided I wanted to switch the expansion cards so that I had the 32GB expansion card in the old Player and the 16GB expansion card in the new Player. What could go wrong with that? Right?

Well it cost me the old Player and I was just starting to grow fond of that Player too. Here is why:

For some reason, the size of the expansion cards had changed in the past two years. I didn't know. No one ever told me. The difference in size was so tiny that it was very hard to see. The new expansion card was just a tiny fraction smaller than the old one and when I put the smaller 32GB card into my older Player, it just fell in there and I couldn't get it out. The 32GB card was comparitively very valuable to me because I wanted to use it with the new Player. I didn't care about the old Player nearly at all compared to the 32GB card. I didn't care if I had to destroy the old Player to get that card back. I was going to get my 32GB card back and nothing was going to stop me. So, I tried every way I could think of to recover that card without damaging the unit until, finally, I had to just force it open and that kind of damaged it a little bit. Why? Well ...

I had seen some web site where somebody had opened up their player and I figured the old Player was fucked anyway and I wanted to get my expansion card back. So I opened up the old Player and 3 or 4 really tiny pieces of plastic fell out. That wasn't a total disaster because I figured how to put most of it back together - but not all of it. The result is that I can still use the older Player. But, there is a hole where the ON/OFF switch used to be and I fear that dirt and dust will get in there.

I can stil use it. But it is in dager of falling apart. I can't ever let anyone else touch it or else they will easily damage it.

Anyway, it's just kind of a piss off.

But like I said, I don't know whether to be pissed off or happy about it. On the one hand, I'm happy that if the Player was damaged, it was only the old Player I spent $30 on. But I'm still pissed off because I had just begun to like that Player and of course they are no longer available any more.

There is still so much about the new Player that I don't understand and I was using the old Player to help me learn how to use it in the hope that would help me understand how to use the new one.

My big problem now is that when I click on an individual album and see approx 12 tunes, I would expect the Player to play all 12 tunes. But it just repeats the first two tunes as well as the last tune that I played yesterday. So freaking bizarre! I just can't understand that.

There are 6 or 7 "Repeat" options. I'll tell you more about that tomorrow and maybe someone will be able to help me figure out how to play all the songs on an album.

The other thing that turns out to be very important and I never would have expected this. The ID3 tags on all the songs are very important. I used to just delete them when I used Winamp to play my tunes. But in these players, they use that info to access just about all the tunes. Every tune is expected to have the Artist, the Album, the Genre (rock, folk, reggae, pop, etc.), the year it was released.

That info is the primary way in which this unit access all the tunes. So if the ID3 is always blank, it seems like you just get to play random songs in a random order. And I have more than 2,000 songs. It's just freaking impossible.

Sorry my rant was so long. I've had a miserable fucking day!
01-21-2015, 09:22 PM
(01-21-2015 07:59 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  Sorry my rant was so long. I've had a miserable fucking day!
Why should you be sorry? I'd be pissed off wr3ck!n Sh1T...
01-21-2015, 10:28 PM
(01-21-2015 09:22 PM)LZA Wrote:  
(01-21-2015 07:59 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  Sorry my rant was so long. I've had a miserable fucking day!
Why should you be sorry? I'd be pissed off wr3ck!n Sh1T...

Heh Heh

Thanks.

Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just Bought LG Blu-ray Disc Player AliShibaz 3 5,513 06-17-2014 03:21 AM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Media Player LZA 15 2,751 04-17-2014 06:31 AM
Last Post: sporkium
  Dual core Android 4.2 Smart TV Box Media Player velvetfog 4 4,075 01-08-2014 06:50 PM
Last Post: velvetfog

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)