Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Buy me!! As seen on T.V.
If you're like me, you flip channels while the commercials are going. And then you stumble across those annoying advertisements about... "order the salad spinner and we will send you 3 vegetable peelers for free!!" Well for some reason one caught my eye the other night and i watched for a bit. They were selling Egg Buddies. If you Dont know its little plastic egg-shaped cups that float in a pot of boiling water. You crack the eggs, pour them in the Egg buddy and then they float in the boiling water and you have boiled eggs without having to peel the Egg shell off. I LOVE THEM!!

Have you ever purchased anything from t.v.?? And did you love it or was it a pile of Crap??
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
(05-19-2012, 06:43 PM)Bunny81 Wrote: Have you ever purchased anything from t.v.??

no.
absolutely not
[wouldn't mind buying drogba,put him in an eggbuddy then feed him to my dog]
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
whenever i see one of these 't.v. only' products, it usually takes about a month or so for their commercial time to run out, at which time they sell off their inventory in bulk to chain stores like sears, walgreens, big-lots, etc.

recently, i bought a ped-egg because it works wonders with citrus zest and grating cheese as demonstrated in their commercials.

[Image: ped_egg.jpg]
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
That's good info Stormie
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
Hehehe. "I feel sorry for kids now days, when they watch a toy they want on tv, but parents can't buy it since they need to be 18" ... LMAO
meh
i haven't watched a tv ad for over 15 years, i usually press 'mute' when they come on, or turn over. When i'm bored though i sometimes like watching those awful shopping channels and play guessing games over the price, or i do my own 'commentary' for personal amusement. Bid tv in Britain is ripe for piss-taking as they only reveal the price of something after you've bought it, so Wendy of Berkshire, Donald of Wolverhampton, and Lisa of Newcastle have no right or room to complain if they think they're in for a bargain and instead end up buying a pack of 10 wooden coat hangers for £42.99, plus an extra £6 for postage and packing. The best one i saw was a one hour presentation on teaspoons, hilarious yet mind boggling. Big Grin
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
I own a few as seen on TV things and they have been decent, in fact, the MagicJack was actually a pretty good deal, shocked that it didn't turn out to be total BS as I had originally feared.

Their support could be better though but hey, that's why the other providers bleed out your cash.
(05-19-2012, 06:43 PM)Bunny Wrote: If you're like me, you flip channels while the commercials are going.

I'm not like you. I'm on my second PVR, and I stopped watching commercials 10 years ago.
I believe that TV commercials, at best, ruin the flow of a TV program, and at worst, they rot your mind.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I don't even watch TV but the damn YouTube ads are enough to make me want to shatter my screen. Not ordering shit. If I want something I can go to the store and buy it
Bipolar Hysterical Beg lesbian Wanker aspie Off Topic on SSI Tut Tut

What's not to hate?