Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Breakfast Food
I was at the corner store today at a little after noon picking up some things to cook for tonight. To hold me over, I grabbed a bag of chocolate donuts and a soda. The manager standing behind the cashier made the comment, 'Well, I guess I'm not the only one that eats breakfast late.'

I was puzzled by this and said so, 'Donuts aren't breakfast food!'

'A lot of people eat donuts for breakfast,' she retorted matter-of-factly and then stomped off as if I offended her.

I know donuts go good with coffee, but does that make it breakfast food? When I think of breakfast food, I think of bacon, eggs, biscuits, pancakes and the like. What do you think? Are donuts 'breakfast food'?
Wildcard is awesome.
no way,i like a good fry like,when the kids get up i'll make them a nice fry,i have no black and white pudding so it's gonna be eggs,sausages,rashers=(bacon) and beans
See that's what I think. To me donuts are dessert/snack food.
Wildcard is awesome.
Donuts are definately breakfast food. Honestly I could argue it either way. I don't think cereal should be classified as breakfast food. My favorite time to eat cereal is late at night. I also think that the salesperson that you (Mark) encountered must have been PMS'in or somethin. Who the hell gets mad over breakfast food orientation. What a spaz! Hope she doesn't reproduce.
Fistfull of xanax
To me donuts are a junk food, and can be eaten whenever. Packaged donuts are definitely a snack food. Hot, fresh, Daylight Donuts are a breakfast food, but that's mainly because they're only available between 5 AM and whenever they run out.
As an aside, my sister and i used to make donuts in the middle of the night on weekends as kids. So yeah, snack food, pms food, eat your feelings food, etc. Tongue
Yeah I didn't think about that but Krispy Kreme does close at 11am . . . maybe I was wrong. I'll go to the store tomorrow and concede, but then I'll stomp out crying :p
Wildcard is awesome.
Anyone have a favorite breakfast? I think mine's a toss up between chicken fried steak and eggs with homemade gravy, peanut butter banana pancakes, or bacon and apple Belgian waffles. Nope - wait, banana peach graham waffles.

Now I want food...
LH knows my flavorite . . .

It's sausage gravy and biscuits with grits, runny eggs, extra sausage, bacon, hash browns and cheese!!!! All mixed together to look like slop, but it's goooooooddddd Big Grin
Wildcard is awesome.
I used to eat something similiar - biscuits and cream gravy with hash browns,scrambled eggs, onions, cheese, and picante sauce. OMG - delicious!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nonstick Cookware Food BernardMcPeak 1 98 10-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  Making healthy food choices easier LZA 4 2,244 09-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: LZA
  Whats your favourite food? Togachu 26 11,350 08-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Last Post: wolfis