Current time: 05-30-2017, 06:01 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Recommendations thread.
05-24-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: Book Recommendations thread.
(05-24-2014 01:12 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  [Image: satanic_bible2.jpg?7dd2c3] [Image: The-Satanic-Bible1.jpg]

The Satanic Bible is composed of four books: The Book of Satan, The Book of Lucifer, The Book of Belial, and The Book of Leviathan.
The Book of Satan challenges the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule, and promotes hedonism.
The Book of Lucifer holds most of the philosophy in The Satanic Bible, with twelve chapters discussing topics such as indulgence, love, hate, and sex.
LaVey also uses the book to dispel rumors surrounding the religion.
In The Book of Belial, LaVey details rituals and magic.
He discusses the required mindset and focus for performing a ritual, and provides instructions for three rituals: those for sex, compassion, or destruction.
The Book of Leviathan provides four invocations for Satan, lust, compassion, and destruction.
It also lists the nineteen Enochian Keys (adapted from John Dee's Enochian keys), provided in both Enochian and translated to English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

http://www.thesatanicbiblefree.com/

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4088882/..._velvetfog

I've actually downloaded that before but put it to the side and forgot. Thanks for reminding me... I want to give each book it's due time but can't find the time to actually sit and read...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 09:32 PM by velvetfog.)
[Image: Time_Enough_For_Love_73.jpg]

Time Enough for Love is a science fiction novel by Robert A. Heinlein, first published in 1973.
The work was nominated for the Nebula Award for Best Novel in 1973 and both the Hugo and Locus Awards in 1974.
The book covers several periods from the life of Lazarus Long (birth name: Woodrow Wilson Smith), the oldest living human, now more than two thousand years old.
The first half of the book takes the form of several novellas connected by Lazarus's retrospective narrative.
In the framing story, Lazarus has decided that life is no longer worth living, but (in what is described as a reverse Arabian Nights scenario) agrees not to end his life for as long as his companions will listen to his stories.

There are also two "Intermission" sections, each some six or eight pages long, taking the form of lists of provocative phrases and aphorisms not directly related to the main narrative.
These were later published independently, with illustrations, as The Notebooks of Lazarus Long.

[Image: 745px-Heinlein-decamp-and-asimov.jpg]
From left to right, Robert Anson Heinlein, Lyon Sprague de Camp and Isaac Asimov.
Between the three of them, they wrote several hundred Sci-Fi novels after WWII.
The picture was taken at the Philadelphia Navy Yard in 1944.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm a great science fiction fan but never really got off on Heinlein,the stories are great,it's just his style of writing

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
05-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Evil Genius Series Books Collection (28 books)
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9210922/

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
06-03-2014, 01:01 AM
History of things (9 books PDF).
http://thepiratebay.se/search/History%20...s/0/99/601

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
06-26-2014, 02:17 AM
1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#t Out of You The Ultimate Bathroom Reader (PDF, Epub, Mobi)
http://kickass.to/1-001-facts-that-will-...21354.html

Good Luck Big Grin
Quote:Potatoes contain toxic compounds called glycoalkaloids that
cannot be reduced in cooking. Consumption of high doses
of glycoalkaloids can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and, in severe cases,
death. Death by potato. Still better than death by blowfish.

Find all posts by this user + Spud17
06-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Books of Mary Roach. Looks interesting. I was looking for the book titled 'Gulp'.

1) Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers (2003)
2) Six Feet Over: Adventures in the Afterlife (2005)
3) Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void (2010)
4) Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal (2013)
- Download

- Mary Roach on TPB

06-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Soccernomics: Why England Loses, Why Spain, Germany, and Brazil Win, and Why the U.S., Japan, Australia—and Even Iraq—Are Destined to Become the Kings of the World’s Most Popular Sport (3rd Edition)

by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski

Amazon
TPB

[Image: 511stmZjGaL.jpg]

07-14-2014, 05:44 AM
What's in Your Genes?: From the Color of Your Eyes to the Length of Your Life, a Revealing Look at Your Genetic Traits

by Katie McKissick

A crash course in genetics!

Everyone knows that if you come from a family of brunettes, you're likely to be born with brown hair. But did you know your hair color may also affect how often you get sunburned? Or how often you need to take vitamin supplements?

What's in Your Genes? goes beyond Gregor Mendel and dominant/recessive genes to show you all the ins and outs of what determines your DNA. Each entry provides you with a sneak peek into your DNA sequence and teaches you exactly how your body is able to create that wonderful you-ness that no one else has. From your tastebuds to your eye color to your obsession with clinical-strength deodorants, this book not only guides you through the history and study of genetics, but also shows you how those four little letters in your DNA make you who you are.

Complete with imaginative illustrations, What's in Your Genes? reveals all there is to know about heredity--like the science behind vibrant red hair, perfect teeth, and your ability to see in color.

Amazon

Download Link (epub) - 1.6 MB

[Image: EQLBgRE.jpg]

07-16-2014, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 12:18 AM by LZA.)
[Image: four_agreements.jpg]

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4158656/T...Agreements Audio books

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8138032/T...b_-_Yasser Ebup format and PDF format.

Book description from TPB:

In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
----------------------
created by Yasser Adnan

I downloaded The Four Agreements today after hearing about how it helped others cope with dealing in everyday life. I fell head over heals for this book. I'm almost done but it pretty much sums up my feelings on this from the thought processes I got when I started reading Conversations with god

I put both the epub/pdf with the audio book as 2 separate links. not just because they are 2 different torrents, but I found out if you try to follow along with the audio book, and read the .pdf or Epub format.. it's not verbatim.. so I recommend, listening while reading if you want to see where the differences are, but then go back to just one or the other since the words spoken from the audio book are not the same as the pdf or epub.. you can get different perspectives...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The classic pinup art thread velvetfog 64 41,791 03-26-2016 12:23 AM
Last Post: srijantje
  An Art thread n0b0dyh0me 164 117,524 06-05-2014 10:38 PM
Last Post: Wildcard
  Read Book First Then Watch Movie Or Vice Versa? Wildcard 5 3,308 01-11-2014 03:45 PM
Last Post: LZA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)