Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Bob Becker and Russell Hartenberger
Has anyone ever heard of either one of these guys, or a group called NEXUS?
"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
(03-23-2012, 04:18 PM)Sara Kate Wrote: Has anyone ever heard of either one of these guys, or a group called NEXUS?

Three days of silence would seem to lean toward the collective answer being 'No.' However, I am curious now (but enough enough to Google) so tell us more about them . . .
Wildcard is awesome.
The two are internationally revered masters of percussion. They formed the percussion ensemble NEXUS in the 70's and have traveled all over the world entertaining at festivals and composing innovative percussion ensemble music. They performed here in Troy last week and I was absolutely impressed with their performance. Here's the link to their website, which can tell you more.
http://nexuspercussion.com/about/
Here's a video of one of the pieces Bob has written. Wish it was a video of Troy's percussionists playing it; they really sold their performance and played flawlessly. Anywho, these are some Alaskan folks and Bob Becker performing Away Without Leave.

That is my shit.
nope... its mine Big Grin
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Actually, it's Bob Becker's. But for real, Did you really listen to it?
... i just felt like this thread needed some friendly taunting Big Grin

but, yes i did listen to it. i did listen to it and thought it was pretty good. it is similar to a point i tried to make a few times with the assistance of a friend of mine and some of people from the usc marching band (a long time ago).

i would have them loiter in random spots at places such as union station, venice board walk, and the 3rd st. promenade, etc., and do percussion assembles like this. the only difference, they were spread about 100 feet from each other and i was trying to provide social cometary through the use of hitting stuff... eventually the fines got to the point where it would have been cheaper to just tag a bus.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
so you basically did a scenario like "STOMP"?
Oh, and sorry it took so long to reply to this. . . I had no idea you posted on it until now.