Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Best movies of 2012
Squillions of movies were released this year (2012), so which ones were your favourites? This list provides some reminders of films that came out this year: http://uk.imdb.com/search/title?year=201...emeter,asc

Here's mine: (in no particular order)

End of watch
Looper
Ted
Savages
Inbred
Project X
Hit and run
The aggression scale
Chernobyl diaries
V/H/S
Ill manors
Rec 3: genesis
Goon
Eddie: the sleepwalking cannibal

and this year's biggest disappointments were: Prometheus, Battleship, The dark knight rises, and The bourne legacy.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
This will take some work but IMO and for what it’s worth should be a really good thread, I for one will be checking out loads of films that I haven’t seen yet and there should be some strong debate.

Nice one Spud thank youYayBig GrinYay

Ali……… by now you will be on Volume 2 of your answer and I’m actually looking forward to reading it. Yay
Huh?

Volume 2?

Did I do something wrong?

I don't get it.

Huh

Don't you just hate people who are asked to post their original opinions but then they just go and use Google to find a bunch of sites that contain that info and then just post links to those sites?

I just hate when people do that.

Please note. In case I'm being too obtuse, I'm just joking about people who use Google to find sites and then post links. The joke is that is exactly what I am doing in the following information.

This site contains Oscar Predictions for 2013. By the way, Spud? I don't know for sure, but did you mean to ask about the best films of 2012? Or 2013?

It looks like the Oscars were already awarded for the films of 2012 since these sites are talking about films from 2013. But, I'm not sure.

The following site makes some predictions for BEST ACTOR and here they are:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/2013-os...best-actor

The Predicted 5:
1. Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
2. Joaquin Phoenix, The Master
3. Denzel Washington, Flight
4. John Hawkes, The Sessions
5. Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables

Possible Spoilers:
6. Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
7. Anthony Hopkins, Hitchcock
8. Jean-Louis Trintignant, Amour
9. Richard Gere, Arbitrage
10. Jamie Foxx, Django Unchained

Longer Shots:
11. Ben Affleck, Argo
12. Suraj Sharma, Life of Pi
13. Daniel Craig, Skyfall
14. Matt Damon, Promised Land
15. Bill Murray, Hyde Park on Hudson

The following site contains Oscar Predictions for Best Movies of 2013. Here they are:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/2013-os...st-picture

The Predicted 5:
1. Lincoln
2. Zero Dark Thirty
3. Argo
4. Les Miserables
5. Silver Linings Playbook

If There's 6:
6. Life of Pi

If There's 7:
7. Amour

If There's 8:
8. Moonrise Kingdom

If There's 9 or 10
9. Beasts of the Southern Wild
10. The Master

Possible Spoilers:
11. Django Unchained
12. Flight
13. Skyfall

Long Shots:
14. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
15. Anna Karenina
16. The Impossible
17. The Sessions
18. Hitchcock
19. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
20. Promised Land
(12-06-2012, 03:14 AM)AliShibaz Wrote: By the way, Spud? I don't know for sure, but did you mean to ask about the best films of 2012? Or 2013?

2012, as in the title of the thread Facepalm

I'm asking you to list your favourite movies that were released in 2012. So for example, would The Dark Knight Rises be on your list? Or maybe Skyfall? The Hobbit?
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
OK. I see. Thank you for setting me straight, Spudly.

I think that the more I post in your threads, the more that I will ask you to set me straight again.

Unfartunately, it is only too often that I stray from the straight and narrow and screw something up. But, I yam very happy that you are here to help me out.

It is unfortunate. But, I often need some help like that. Thank you again.
Don't overdo it Ali,she's mineAngry
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
What?

Spudly is too beautiful and too wonderful to belong to any one person. She belongs to the world.

Don't you know that?

Just ask Mark.

P.S. I must warn you that Mark is insanely jealous when it comes to Spuderina and he has a very large collection of deadly firearms. So, be careful. Do not piss him off!

And, dat's fo' sho'!

Fo' Real and Fo' Tru'.

Take it from me and give it to you!
Easy on the chit-chat plox/admin

It isn't quite fair to say the best movie of 2012 when I have seen maybe 6 movies that were released this year (and when the year isn't quite done, but that leaves some more to talk about Wink ), but I do think that 'The Dark Knight Rises' was a better movie than people (Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb and people I know) let on.

It can never be as good without Heath Ledger and the original chemistry of this new look at an old Hero, but all in all the story continues well, and for my money, Christian Bale makes a damn good Batman (although I could do without the new super-low voice box thing in the suit Undecided )

The biggest fail I saw was Prometheus. Sorry s_vague, but it may have had a little to do with the fact that I was an amoeba when I saw the original Alien films, but I just didn't like that movie when I watched it again sober. Confused
Wildcard is awesome.
I kind of assumed that everyone here is a movie maniac like me, watching maybe 5 - 10 new movies each week, so if you've only seen a few you could just tell us what they were, and because more movies will be released between now and the end of the year, everyone is free to add to their best movies list anytime, even well into next year when many of us will wait for films that come out now to come out on dvd/bluray. Also welcome is discussion on any of the films we care to list. Smile

Mark , you mentioned Heath Ledger, and i think the reason why i didn't like The Dark Knight Rises is because Ledger set the bar right at the top, so anything after that (and without him in particular) was just bleh in comparison, although i have to say Christian Bale is always excellent. The mumbling of the Bane character was another reason i disliked it, but i did think he was a cool character.

Prometheus didn't seem to go with the other alien films, and i'm guessing they'll make another 2 to go with it. If they do, maybe then i'll understand what the hell this one was all about. Big Grin
I completely enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises.
Prometheus sucked!!!!
Brave...cartoon...but I loved it!
The Amazing Spiderman...overrated.
The Avengers...Awesome!!!.....but I really like superhero movies.
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Good Movies Or TV Shows? Gustavo Woltamnn 5 1,800 01-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Togachu
  Scary Movies LZA 4 2,933 09-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Last Post: LZA
  Most over-rated "lead" actors that appear in movies. AliShibaz 11 5,205 06-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Wildcard