Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Best action scenes in films
These can be anything, from shootouts to dogfights (planes, not canines) to fistfights. It just has to be satisfying, exciting, and skillful. For my first submission, I'm going to say the Tumbler chase scene from The Dark Knight. The one from Batman begins was also pretty close, but for me, the truck flip was just too awesome to ignore Tongue. The way Nolan used next to no music as well just intensifies the scene

Part 1

And part 2

Also, if you're going to put something excessively gory, like from saw, NFSW or gore warning is appreciated. Thanks!
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"

The final shootout in Heat, where Pachino tries to stop them from robbing the bank... I'm pasting the longer version...But it's worth it... I love this movie!!!
I never had the chance to watch the entire movie...but I saw the last fight scene and a simple YouTube search landed me this. it's not as classy as the ones in Sherlock Holmes with RDJr where he talks you through it ever so eloquently and then you watch it all in one go feeling like an expert, but you the 'cool' factor appears to scale well with gunpowder level to me Smile

The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]

This is my personal favorite fight scene from Ip Man 2. I love all the movies in the series, but this one scene just makes me feel like the underdog can do anything in the world, and shock everyone. Also, the amount of respect Donnie Yen gains in the end is just incredible.
Relationships are ropes. Love is a noose.
(10-28-2015, 10:36 AM)TyderBide Wrote:

Play Video
YouTube

This is my personal favorite fight scene from Ip Man 2. I love all the movies in the series, but this one scene just makes me feel like the underdog can do anything in the world, and shock everyone. Also, the amount of respect Donnie Yen gains in the end is just incredible.

Oh man, I loved this! I would do without the subs though Big Grin

Ps. Every time I see Ip Man, I remember a friend going "Oooh, what kind of high tech movie is that? Internet Provider Man?" LMAO
The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]
adding this here

LMAO that was pretty good WTF
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
How's about this then. The tension you get, especially after seeing the previous scenes, is amazing, and you really get the sense that they're not welcome.

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 759 195,813 Yesterday, 11:16 AM
Last Post: srijantje
  Short Films. radiobox 3 3,730 10-10-2016, 02:29 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  Films That Made You Cry Mark 57 16,074 12-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Last Post: wolfis