Current time: 06-23-2017, 05:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Being a Real Man/Woman
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Being a Real Man/Woman
I am seeing more and more of these copy and pastebook posts about what real men do and don't do. Stuff like 'real men don't hurt your feelings' and 'real men never break your heart'. That's ridiculous real men make women cry all the time. Real women hurt real men and real men hurt real women.

If being a real man means that I will never make a mistake then I am sure that I will never be a real man. If we could stop looking at relationships like a story that we are writing to be compared to the other stories that we know, maybe we could have a little more success.

Every person is unique and every relationship involves two unknown quantities trying to balance an equation that no one gave them lessons on. Real people have real problems . . .

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: Being a Real Man/Woman
Real men don't pay attention to copy and pastebook posts Tongue
02-17-2012, 01:34 PM
(12-01-2011 04:25 PM)Mark Wrote:  If we could stop looking at relationships like a story that we are writing to be compared to the other stories that we know, maybe we could have a little more success.

That's a really good point. So many people see their relationships as a quest for an ideal which they can use to make themselves feel superior.
I hate the concept of "real men" and "real women" anyway. If you have a penis, you're a real man, if you have a vagina, you're a real woman. If you have both, you're a real hermaphrodite. Gender isn't dictated by the image of yourself you want to project. Ted Bundy was a real man.
06-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Observers can view a man and a woman and agree objectively on their gender. Therefore, the observers could say they see a real man and woman. However, we do deal subjectively when we apply our own beliefs on what a real man/woman is. Before we go off asking what is a real man/woman, we should explore what is REALITY or the quality of being REAL in subjective form.

[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
"the observers could say they see a real man and woman" no they perceive what they see and in the end it is subjectively commented on so the out come is the same, the only person who knows what is real is THE person, not anyone else Smile
06-07-2012, 06:56 PM
^Agreed, until you have walked a mile in their shoes . . .

Wildcard is awesome.
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM
(06-07-2012 06:52 PM)alocirga Wrote:  "the observers could say they see a real man and woman" no they perceive what they see and in the end it is subjectively commented on so the out come is the same, the only person who knows what is real is THE person, not anyone else Smile

(06-07-2012 06:56 PM)Mark Wrote:  ^Agreed, until you have walked a mile in their shoes . . .

i also agree.

i will also say that it is time that a somewhat loose definition be concocted as to create an 'industry' standard so that individuals with perceptual differences such as the delusional and self serving/absorbed can also be judged and labeled like other member's of society.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Being a real man or woman is simple.
Most decent Dads are real men but they have to learn mighty quickly because we don’t get a hand book with a child and you work with your real Woman as a team. You sacrifice so much together as one, money gets tight but you find a way. When you get the first real recognition from your child then my friend you are a real Man/Woman. Well done and welcome to the club because as far as your child is concerned you are all the super heroes rolled into oneBig Grin
Real men moe the lawn, take out the garbage, help with the chores.
Find all posts by this user + Mark
06-07-2012, 07:28 PM
(06-07-2012 07:26 PM)snilloc Wrote:  Being a real man or woman is simple.
Most decent Dads are real men but they have to learn mighty quickly because we don’t get a hand book with a child and you work with your real Woman as a team. You sacrifice so much together as one, money gets tight but you find a way. When you get the first real recognition from your child then my friend you are a real Man/Woman. Well done and welcome to the club because as far as your child is concerned you are all the super heroes rolled into oneBig Grin

My sentiments exactly. But i'll add.......... are relentless in their protection of their children when things go tits up Smile

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
(06-07-2012 07:28 PM)2010kaiser Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 07:26 PM)snilloc Wrote:  Being a real man or woman is simple.

My sentiments exactly. But i'll add.......... are relentless in their protection of their children when things go tits up Smile

so, what you two are saying is that a scumbag with decent parenting skills who do chores are considered real men?

i don't agree with that at all.

as it was said earlier, the appointment of these titles is perceptual.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)