Current time: 05-23-2017, 05:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bangladeshi computer whizz kid eyes record books
04-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Bangladeshi computer whizz kid eyes record books
Quote:A six-year-old boy from Bangladesh is hoping to become the world's youngest computer expert after becoming obsessed with his mother's PC at the age of two.

Wasik Farhan-Roopkotha, who turned six in January, is hoping his skills will be recognised by Microsoft and Guinness World Records.

As a toddler, Wasik started to show an aptitude for computers and before long he had mastered several popular video games, including Modern Warfare and Metal Gear Solid.

He began typing in Microsoft Word as a three year-old and knew how to programme and download game emulators at the age of four

Sum' Sauce.

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bangladeshi computer whizz kid eyes record books
Wow! And I thought I got into computers young!

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
04-30-2012, 09:09 AM
I wonder was it a genuine interest he had as a child (younger child Sad ) or was he "hot housed" by his parents?? Either way pretty impressive and i'm sure a bright career ahead of him.

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Well he is a dammed site better than me already, then at IT stuff most people are Tongue
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the whole definition of "whiz kid", "genius" or "gifted" depends on it being natural behaviour, not learned. I bet by 11 he's passed out face down in an opium den (or whatever they have in Bangladesh).

My kids played on swings. They're swing whiz kids.

No fucking censorship. Ever.
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
^5 ... swing kids Big Grin

i dunno... a kid that can type and play video games does not sound like a whiz. sorry.if he could program in c, well, that's different.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Not really, it would just mean that he'd learned another language. Any 6-year-old who's completely immersed will learn. Sounds like mum and dad want media time.

04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
From BBC:
Quote:However, computers are his main passion and his parents are determined that their son will not let his talents go to waste. They are hoping to get some government funding to help him fulfil his potential.

"If Wasik receives the right support here in Bangladesh and from the best colleges and universities in the world then who knows what he will go on to achieve. I think he is in on the right track at this stage of his development," Ms Farhan-Risha says.

Pushy much?

04-30-2012, 02:58 PM
yup... i agree. this sounds like like news and more like the continued decline of bbc journalism.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, well I think they've touted him a little too highly, but if he can do the things they said he could do

Source Wrote:and knew how to programme and download game emulators at the age of four

I don't know much about emulators, but I'm sure Kaiser or RobertX could tell us. Stormie, do you know what is involved. If I knew that I might be more inclined to say he could be a genius. Like stormie said, if he could do PHP or something, I'd be more impressed.

Wildcard is awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Computer Memory Bunny 16 3,345 12-22-2012 10:03 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)