Current time: 05-23-2017, 03:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIOS Back-UP Before "Flashing".
06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
BIOS Back-UP Before "Flashing".
Hi all,

I've posted the query below on a number of sites (SB being just one).
So have any of you guys got a solution??
this is a real head scratcher i know but think of it as someone telling you:

YouCan't!!.

Red Rag To A Bull As Far As I'm Concerned!!! Smile

Have Fun!! Big GrinBig GrinCool

Quote:I've gotten my hands on yet another PC to torture. I want to flash the BIOS as i don't really give a shit with this one if i fry the M/B.
My question is:

Is it possible to back-up/copy the BIOS to disk or USB before i flash it. What i mean is, can i back it up before i start the flashing process rather than start it in the hope of being given the option to back it up before the flashing process is initiated.

Thanks in advance,

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
RE: BIOS Back-UP Before "Flashing".
do you have any special bios settings you need to reload?

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user
06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
(06-13-2012 05:03 PM)stormium Wrote:  do you have any special bios settings you need to reload?

Nope. A bog standard BIOS save to disk.

i'm getting some very interesting replies on this from different forums and it's 50/50 if it can be done. i.e. a generic save BIOS to disk V's you need the model/make/etc as it's M/B specific.

Big GrinBig GrinCool

06-13-2012, 05:27 PM
certain boards will let you do what you are trying to do... but the vast majority won't. if you still have a serial printer, you can back it up that way.

usually, on a board, you can always revert back to the stock settings either thru the menu or by just popping out the battery.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
(06-13-2012 05:27 PM)stormium Wrote:  certain boards will let you do what you are trying to do... but the vast majority won't. if you still have a serial printer, you can back it up that way.

usually, on a board, you can always revert back to the stock settings either thru the menu or by just popping out the battery.

The battery works to a point...... As does switching the jumpers (As i call them). But when the shit hits the fan with a BIOS flash. I'd like to be able to pop in a disk knowing that "all will be okay".

Also, in my experience, if you've a problem with a flash, and you kill the power in any way,shape or form. You've got a very expensive paper weight Smile

06-13-2012, 06:06 PM
are you wondering what to do if you screw up or just wanting to know if you can back up a bios?

why not just find a 'free' bios editor that will let you copy the settings?

better yet, just google the board info and download the settings.

06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
It's a combination of both Stormy.
Insurance against disaster and assurance that all can be brought back to how it was Smile

06-13-2012, 07:45 PM
some M/B need a Flasher kit to do the job, but bios backup is applicable and can be done

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)