Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

BAIDU, the anti-search, censorship engine
Bug 
so, for the past few months, i've grown accustomed to seeing baidu searching the forum, but recently, i've grown increasingly curious as to why baidu seems to focus more on the threads that seem to criticize china, countries that seem to enjoy eating babies and other human rights abusing kleptocracies (see Tibet).

so, i decided to start up my proxy and go searching with baidu for a while and what i found didn't surprise me at all; baidu is censoring us.

can it be? i mean, surely rant central poses no threat to china or it's people... lol... right? oh well.

baidu can suck my dick while china licks my balls. Wink
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
To be censored by those faggots is fine with me . . . fuck 'em. It's hard to believe that they would censor such a small forum tho . . .
Wildcard is awesome.
now i'm curious,how did you find this out?

oh,i see
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
ernet development.[53][54]
[edit]
DNA Copyright technology

In April 2012, Baidu applied for a patent for its breakthrough in DNA copyright recognition technology. This technology will automatically scan files that are uploaded by internet users, and recognize and filter out content that may violate copyright law. This will allow Baidu to offer an infringement free platform.       [55]
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
sporkium - to what extent are baidu censoring RC? i mean, could you access the whole site (naturally the pit won't be visible), including posts that may be deemed as 'anti chinese?'
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
you won't see anything censored, at least, i don't think you will. i was connecting through a china proxy... but, for example... obviously any comment about china in a non-chinese-friendly way did not turn up on the search result...

keep in mind, baidu is only the tip of the dildo... it get's it strength from the cheap silicone-chinese made shaft.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.