Current time: 06-25-2017, 12:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As Screamed On TV
03-07-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: As Screamed On TV
It is possible to lead a quite normal life without ever buying anything that is being advertised on TV.
Try it for a month. Or for a year.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 03:42 AM
(03-06-2013 04:31 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 06:55 AM)srijantje Wrote:  i wonder if i can clean my ass with it

Stick to using twigs and your finger SJ.
Buying the fancy stuff advertised on TV won't solve your problems.
problem?what problem?Big Grin

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2013, 03:53 AM
@Wildcard - you have to see this:

Now you can touch small children without using your hands, clean up after a crime scene, and clean up 'randomly spilled loose change...' LMAO

You know, i might actually want one of these schticky things...

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
05-31-2013, 10:11 PM
How the fuck did I miss this @Spudgun17?

LMAO

This is the height of TV advertising (and I actually mean that in a good way)-- this is like the greatest commercial. +1 from 3 mos. ago headed your way. Big Grin

05-31-2013, 10:36 PM
When I'm dead, I'd like someone to be considerate enough to gently place a schticky inside my coffin. Big Grin

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
06-11-2013, 02:02 AM
When I'm dead, I'd like someone to be considerate enough to use a Schticky™ to clean up my ashes after they have been spread.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
06-11-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 07:07 PM by AliShibaz.)
The girl with the bloody face certainly does not look happy.

I can't say as I blame her.

(02-24-2013 01:38 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  I'm with velvetfog on ads, haven't watched them for nearly 20 years, and simply mute them.

I would like to encourage you to take the next step and cancel all the TV you pay for. Do not pay a penny for TV.

I pay for my Internet connection. But I have not paid for any TV for the past two years and I have never missed it. Not even for a second.

The only problem I have is that I have to wait for about an hour after a popular TV show broadcasts before I can find it online. And that is not much of a problem.

I used to pay the cable company $225 per month and that was just crazy nuts.

I now pay the Internet company I deal with $70 per month. Doesn't that sound a lot better? I'm very happy with this arrangement.

I had one Hell of a problem trying to cancel my Cable service. The Cable company tried to play all kinds of dirty tricks to prevent me from cancelling. It was a real horror story. But, eventually, I had to write the local newspaper and got ahold of the media reporter who put me in contact with some people who knew how to cut through the bullshit and I got it cancelled. It was one Hell of a liberating feeling and I encourage all of you to try and do the same. I believe you will never regret it.
08-12-2013, 05:29 AM
I like shopping channels and don't mind them being loud, not even mind shouting presenters, who are sometimes very funny. My favourite shopping channel is the German 'Juwelo' tv, and also like Japanese QVC, and UK's 'Bid tv' where I like to guess the final price.

I watched the videos of the 'Shamwow' guy and found him hilarious, he very amusing. I like man who can make fun of himself, although at 1.91m (6ft 3) he should have tried basketball, not shouting through tv!
08-12-2013, 09:10 AM
I remember the TV ads on late night local TV for K-Tel records many years ago.
K-Tel was producing and selling a variety of compilation vinyl record albums that typically had 20 hit songs on each of them.
The quality of their albums wasn't all that great. They had micro-grooved the shit out of them in order to fit 10 songs on each side.
But it was still a pretty good deal.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)