Current time: 08-21-2017, 01:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Around the house
06-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Around the house
So, my other half has just cracked the shits because I got the wrong kind of paint for the skirting boards -- not that he knew any differently, he just blithely assumed that I knew what I was doing, which I never claimed. My issue is this: what is reasonable to expect a man to actually have a clue about, or at least make an attempt to learn? For example, I do all the garden work, mow the lawns etc, change the oil and water in the car (he doesn't even know where they go or how to check levels), fix any plumbing issues or other small maintenance items, plus do the grocery shopping, laundry, cooking and cleaning.

He goes to work and sometimes to the pub, where I have to pick him up from.

Am I unreasonable in thinking that maybe, just maybe, I'm being taken advantage of?

No fucking censorship. Ever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: Around the house
that depends. is he australian too? i mean, sure... he can deal with crazy cyber-punk-apocolyptian-biker gangs... escape the dangers and political turmoil of the thunderdome... but he can't call a cab when hes drunk, mow the lawn, maintain a car, do any plumbing work or any other chores.

you are not being unreasonable. ditch him. Big Grin

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
06-02-2012, 12:20 AM
(06-01-2012 11:55 PM)Leanne Wrote:  So, my other half has just cracked the shits because I got the wrong kind of paint for the skirting boards -- not that he knew any differently, he just blithely assumed that I knew what I was doing, which I never claimed. My issue is this: what is reasonable to expect a man to actually have a clue about, or at least make an attempt to learn? For example, I do all the garden work, mow the lawns etc, change the oil and water in the car (he doesn't even know where they go or how to check levels), fix any plumbing issues or other small maintenance items, plus do the grocery shopping, laundry, cooking and cleaning.

He goes to work and sometimes to the pub, where I have to pick him up from.

Am I unreasonable in thinking that maybe, just maybe, I'm being taken advantage of?

tell him to f@@koff,get ur self someone that will appreciate who you are and what you do,i would for one

fair play to ya

06-02-2012, 01:39 AM
(06-02-2012 12:08 AM)stormium Wrote:  that depends. is he australian too? i mean, sure... he can deal with crazy cyber-punk-apocolyptian-biker gangs... escape the dangers and political turmoil of the thunderdome... but he can't call a cab when hes drunk, mow the lawn, maintain a car, do any plumbing work or any other chores.

you are not being unreasonable. ditch him. Big Grin

He's not Australian, he's Scottish, so your stereotypes don't work Tongue

Not that nationality is any excuse.

06-02-2012, 01:42 AM
ah so we know who wears the trousers there

get it scottish,men wear kilts

just joking leanne

you deserve better

06-02-2012, 02:07 AM
i imagine you will put up with it until you are truly fed up. just try not to go psychotic towards the end.

passive aggressive behavior is a great way to relieve tension.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
06-02-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm beginning to think that psychotic is my specialty Smile

Thanks stormium, and KP, you're both rather adorable (in case nobody's ever mentioned that)

06-02-2012, 02:43 AM
btw... what kind of car still uses water??

06-02-2012, 05:33 AM
People play different roles in relationships. I have always taken care of the outside work and (when I'm not single) my significant other takes care of the housework. I the event that we both work (rare) I also help with the housework. I have had girlfriends in the past that didn't cook so I took over that as well.

Now to your situation: your role is mother and his is son jmo. Some men don't want to stand on their own feet so they look for a woman that will treat them like their mother did (or like they wish she had.)

Sounds like he needs a big dose of grow-the-fuck-up.

Wildcard is awesome.
06-02-2012, 05:58 AM
don't know how to change oil?you only have to watch once to know how,after that you take advantage or are mentally retarded,
doesn't know how to mow a lawn?i bet he knows where to stick his dick,that's harder than to do a bit of plumbing Big GrinAngry

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)