Current time: 05-26-2017, 02:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying for a visa
08-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Applying for a visa
They said they'll be fast, 15 days or so...kinda makes you want to put your faith in them. Considering that all your life's documents will be with them for that period - birth certificate, passport, bank statements and so on.
But no! They won't take 15 days, they will take longer! They won't tell you why or when you should expect news, just 'wait patiently'. I wouldn't feel as cross if they have given me a reason for such a delay, something like 'due to large amounts of applications', or 'we need a few more documents from you to clarify'. But no! It's a 'we won't tell you why we're being so slow and taking ages and we won't even tell you how long we are planning to take, so please continue worry for the next decade about your visa application.'
The weirdest of all is that my passport has left the country of which I have submitted the application. Is the local Embassy unable to handle these things? Last time I submitted visa application it was done swiftly and professionally at the local embassy.
I have planned to take a few days off work to collect the visa and all my documents back, and then relax and prepare for my trip, but now I'm a nervous wreck just worrying about the visa timeline and on top of that whether my supporting documents were sufficient to get me the visa. I need to fly in 2 week's time for work too (completely independent of the visa, but I just need the passport)!!
Well, I guess it will be a cancelled biz trip and the company will be pretty pissed off about me cancelling the trip like this.
Bottom line is, I paid £322 for this, you better start giving me £322 worth of service!!!

The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Applying for a visa
ridiculous,born on the planet and then needing a piece of paper to cross an imaginary line on some map and having to pay for it in advance not knowing if you get your visa or not

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 10:57 AM
DAMN RIGHT! In the end application got rejected because my financial proof wasn't sufficient and I didn't submit my previous degree's certificate. If they'd just give me a clear list of what I need to submit with, rather than link me from a to b to c to d to all the way to z.
It took them that long to decide it was insufficient? Hello people, there's something called ASK! Come on, like give people a chance! Like you can ask them for anything missing once per application!
Now I have to re-apply, and then pay extra for express visa service because they take forever...what a scam!

The mad Wolf rages on.
09-05-2015, 08:45 AM
not only that but once you're rejected you'll have a hard time to get one next time,good luck to you

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
09-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Ugh...school starts in just a couple weeks time and they play this BS with me. I used to love UK back then when I studied there, now it seems like a country that is built on scams. >Sad

The mad Wolf rages on.
09-21-2015, 05:01 AM
Minor update: I finally got the visa. Waited since Wednesday after getting an email telling me that they've made a decision, for an email to tell me to collect my documents at the centre. Walked in today and asked about if they could check for me and they found mine on top of the pile that apparently "just arrived today". As I walked out the door of the centre, I got an email, from them to tell me that I can now go and collect my documents.
Not to mention, the SMS update service was full of bull. I didn't get a single SMS, because they didn't put in a country code and didn't say so at all! All they asked me was whether my number on the application form is correct.

The mad Wolf rages on.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)