Current time: 08-22-2017, 02:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amtrak ruins happiness and the world cup game 2
06-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Rainbow Amtrak ruins happiness and the world cup game 2
So today I travel on Amtrak from a from a family wedding with a brother I have not seen for over a year and a half. We are close and both were sad we were missing the world cup with usa vs Portugal while traveling. Amtrak has wifi but it didn't allow any streaming video so we decide to listen to it on his phone at a very low volume. No louder then a voice and was quieter then the tracks squeeks and constant slamming doors of the train. The train was not too full , we bothered no one and before you know it a few other passengers started to ask what the score was. This started to turn into an actually fun event for once while traveling. Then a really nice conductor came by.. he actually asked what the score was. At the time it was 0-1 usa behind. He gave a long face and says "AT least I know where I can come to check in on what is going on" We smile and say ya .. come by any time I'll let you know. Now we have like 6 people interested and there are about 4 people close sleeping too. The trip and game progress. USA scores 1-1 tie!! ya , smiles abound. USA scores!!!! 2-1 !!! Restrained claps and smiles are made. We are aware of those around us and don't want to be rude at all. Then we stop at a station.. this guy comes on sits next to us. I smile and say hi.. before he even sits down he says can you turn that off please. I'm like is it bothering you we have it quite low. How about we turn it down more. We do. Now we are huddling together both ear to ear
over it to just hardly hear it. The guy gets up disappears and 5 mins later this big Amtrak guy is over us and says your going to have to turn that off. The game is almost over! I say nicely also this isn't the quiet car its really not even able to be heard 1 seat away I have to put my ear down to it to hear it. He snaps back "TURN IT OFF NOW!!" Then the guy who told on us comes back looking all smug. He obviously went to snitch on us the big bad world cup fans. Just then Portugal ties the game sigh. This fu//// brought us all bad karma.. I'm convinced.

I know many of you may rant against me and say rules are rules use headphones. In the end we shared the headphone one per ear huddle up but others were enjoying it too and it just was stupidly quiet. Way quieter then the little kids and other noises going on.. where is the humanity, it's like group enjoyment was being banned or something.. a national event too.. Police states suck .. especially when you have douchebags who only need to make a complaint first and immediately are followed by some huge agro meathead.. ok I'm done ranting.. but this society sucks often due to a few asshats.
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2014, 04:49 AM
RE: Amtrak ruins happiness and the world cup game 2
(06-23-2014 02:07 AM)Jessicanva Wrote:  So today I travel on Amtrak from a from a family wedding with a brother I have not seen for over a year and a half. We are close and both were sad we were missing the world cup with usa vs Portugal while traveling. Amtrak has wifi but it didn't allow any streaming video so we decide to listen to it on his phone at a very low volume. No louder then a voice and was quieter then the tracks squeeks and constant slamming doors of the train. The train was not too full , we bothered no one and before you know it a few other passengers started to ask what the score was. This started to turn into an actually fun event for once while traveling. Then a really nice conductor came by.. he actually asked what the score was. At the time it was 0-1 usa behind. He gave a long face and says "AT least I know where I can come to check in on what is going on" We smile and say ya .. come by any time I'll let you know. Now we have like 6 people interested and there are about 4 people close sleeping too. The trip and game progress. USA scores 1-1 tie!! ya , smiles abound. USA scores!!!! 2-1 !!! Restrained claps and smiles are made. We are aware of those around us and don't want to be rude at all. Then we stop at a station.. this guy comes on sits next to us. I smile and say hi.. before he even sits down he says can you turn that off please. I'm like is it bothering you we have it quite low. How about we turn it down more. We do. Now we are huddling together both ear to ear
over it to just hardly hear it. The guy gets up disappears and 5 mins later this big Amtrak guy is over us and says your going to have to turn that off. The game is almost over! I say nicely also this isn't the quiet car its really not even able to be heard 1 seat away I have to put my ear down to it to hear it. He snaps back "TURN IT OFF NOW!!" Then the guy who told on us comes back looking all smug. He obviously went to snitch on us the big bad world cup fans. Just then Portugal ties the game sigh. This fu//// brought us all bad karma.. I'm convinced.

I know many of you may rant against me and say rules are rules use headphones. In the end we shared the headphone one per ear huddle up but others were enjoying it too and it just was stupidly quiet. Way quieter then the little kids and other noises going on.. where is the humanity, it's like group enjoyment was being banned or something.. a national event too.. Police states suck .. especially when you have douchebags who only need to make a complaint first and immediately are followed by some huge agro meathead.. ok I'm done ranting.. but this society sucks often due to a few asshats.

i feel for you.

i enjoy smoking cigarettes in bars and restaurants as do many other people. over the past few years, it seems as if a few cry babies have started complaining about the smoke when in fact they are getting to enjoy it for free.

it's like a group enjoyment is being banned or something.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Animal lover in an apathetic world DirePupper 8 677 04-04-2017 09:44 PM
Last Post: srijantje

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)