Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

America's most corrupt states
Here is this year's list of the 10 most corrupt states in America:

1: Mississippi. The poorest state in the U.S. Also the one whose corruption most approaches levels in a Third World country.

2: Louisiana. Ask Ray Nagin, erstwhile two-term New Orleans mayor, recently convicted for taking bribes. His main beef is probably "Why me? Everybody else is on the take." He may be right.

3: Tennessee. They are singing the blues about a state where Diogenes might futilely hunt for that one honest public official.

4: Illinois. An old standby. The last two governors both went to jail for corruption. Enough said.

5: Pennsylvania. Who saw this coming? Brooklynites have weekend houses here. New Jersey residents plan retirements in the Poconos. But the data say: There's bigtime corruption here.

6: Alabama. In a state where little functions properly and poverty is epidemic, you were expecting better?

7: Alaska. It's about the public monies, as oil and gas dwindle, and that's the kindling for corruption.

8: South Dakota. Admit it, you're surprised. But the state is aflutter in an oil and gas boom, and that sets the stage for a lot of bribery.

9: Kentucky. No surprise there. Between illegal stills and marijuana farms - with bookmaking on the Derby thrown in - there's a lot to excite a public official's bribery instinct.

10: Florida. Known for bogus speed traps and building inspectors on the take, this is a place where you might want to carry envelopes of cash.

source
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
How much of this do you think is the truth and how much just tabloid rubbish.

On a bad news day tabloids over here spin thing to sell papers I suspect but don't know thats whats going on here.
Are you suggesting that the list is wrong?

Out of the 50 states in the United States, some are obviously more corrupt than others.
The notion that the corruption level would be identical in all of the 50 states,
thus making it impossible to create a list of the 10 most corrupt ones,
is a statistical improbability.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Exactly, this list is comprised of the most blatantly corrupt I'm assuming. Good ole Connectictu is not there, but we are pretty corrupt too. Just because your state didn't make the list don't think they are free of Corruption. I bet Connecticut would have been number one in the years when John Rowland was governor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Most Pro-Capitalism Place to Live in North America Is… velvetfog 20 14,490 07-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Marijuana retail brand established in America velvetfog 11 4,451 04-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Washington D.C. is least honest city in America, study says velvetfog 3 1,515 07-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: SkinnyP