Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Ahh... Politics.
I'm going to start my first thread (hi everyone!) by repeating a little statistic. Did you know that the UK Labour party, which supposedly stands for the working man, currently has NO members from working class backgrounds? Did you know that although athiests represent 19% of people in the US are atheists, and yet there are NO athiests in congress as of me writing this?

It feels like all governments are elected because they are the "most tolerable," they come with bright promises and they are more fictional then black robins flying backwards. All it seems like is that the US is slowly slipping into a fundamentalist, ignorant state. Did you know that Rick Perry publicly stated that "you know something is wrong with (the US) when gays can serve openly in the military." Of course you know that. You're not ignorant. Did you know that one in three people in France say they admit to being "a little, or quite racist," and this is on the rise?

I could go on, but all I want to say is that I feel we are falling into an era of ignorance, and at some point, people will get what they want by claiming that it is what "God" wants (sorry Christians, but surely the leader of a country can't be a self proclaimed prophet without proof?) And the leaders will rob everyone blind, and we will be left with a police state, with a façade of happy religion, with underlying religious blackmail (Vote for Me, or Go to Hell.) I'm tired of leaders using religion to further their agenda.

Feel free to correct me, because this is something I have been really thinking about. And please play nice.
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
It is very difficult to get elected to any high public office in the United States without appearing to be a good Christian.
So American politicians, many of whom do not have any personal religious beliefs, have to pretend to be Christians in order to get elected.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(04-29-2014, 04:29 PM)velvetfog Wrote: It is very difficult to get elected to any high public office in the United States without appearing to be a good Christian.
So American politicians, many of whom do not have any personal religious beliefs, have to pretend to be Christians in order to get elected.

Yet, according to the intertubes, Obama is a Muslim.
what a stupid statement @B5DWLF,anyway,appealing to someones belief and or his "patriotic"[nationalistic]commitment,rallying behind the flag et all,are fascist concepts
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(04-29-2014, 09:23 PM)srijantje Wrote: what a stupid statement @B5DWLF,anyway,appealing to someones belief and or his "patriotic"[nationalistic]commitment,rallying behind the flag et all,are fascist concepts

I was being facetious.
(04-29-2014, 12:00 PM)ColeMacGrath Wrote: I feel we are falling into an era of ignorance,

falling

Separation on church and state is one of the key important factors, but yet we try and squish church into the state every chance we get.
(04-29-2014, 11:25 PM)B5DWLF Wrote:
(04-29-2014, 09:23 PM)srijantje Wrote: what a stupid statement @B5DWLF,anyway,appealing to someones belief and or his "patriotic"[nationalistic]commitment,rallying behind the flag et all,are fascist concepts

I was being facetious.
Tongue
of small minds[
(04-29-2014, 09:23 PM)srijantje Wrote: appealing to someones belief and or his "patriotic"[nationalistic]commitment,rallying behind the flag et all,are fascist concepts

i don't think you understand what fascism is.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Powerful and continuing nationalism is just one of fourteen defining characteristics of fascism. See here for the other thirteen.
http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
hmm,I can think of several countries where most of the points apply
of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If politics were fair... novicerants 30 4,989 04-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Last Post: lightbulb
  politics srijantje 1 1,153 02-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Mark