Current time: 07-27-2017, 09:35 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
After-Pregnancy Body / Selfish?
02-28-2012, 12:07 PM
After-Pregnancy Body / Selfish?
soooo, im 7 months pregnant, and im DAMN determined not to be nasty after giving birth, would i be deemed a "bad parent" for leaving him with his grandparents for a couple hours 3 days of the week while i go to the gym? or does that sound selfish? (its not like i wont be spending time with him, but still) input?HuhHuh

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2012, 12:14 PM
RE: After-Pregnancy Body / Selfish?
no,not at all,you need your own time every now and then,otherwise you'll go bonkers

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Find all posts by this user
02-28-2012, 12:39 PM
(02-28-2012 12:07 PM)December172 Wrote:  soooo, im 7 months pregnant, and im DAMN determined not to be nasty after giving birth, would i be deemed a "bad parent" for leaving him with his grandparents for a couple hours 3 days of the week while i go to the gym? or does that sound selfish? (its not like i wont be spending time with him, but still) input?HuhHuh

At first you probably won't want to be away from the baby so much but after things settle down you should definitely take time for yourself. Work out, go shopping, relax . . . you're gonna go through Hell, but when it's done you deserve some 'Mom time'. Smile

Wildcard is awesome.
02-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Congratulations! I wish you the best! As long as you don't devote more time keeping yourself well kept than to your baby, I think that's perfectly acceptable. Not selfish.

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Not selfish at all. Most Mom's are more relaxed and ready to take on the "baby blues" when they feel good about themselves!! Angel

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
i wan't to start breast feeding again -)

02-28-2012, 05:22 PM
(02-28-2012 05:18 PM)karpackie Wrote:  i wan't to start breast feeding again -)

Even the mods around here post Off Topic

Big Grin

Wildcard is awesome.
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Totally acceptable!

KP - me to dude.

I just had a boy three weeks ago.

Koda- make sure the dad is REALLY involved with the baby. It'll take some stress off you

Fistfull of xanax
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Not selfish at all, you do need to have time to yourself... but a couple of suggestions before you do the gym thing (not necessarily instead of, but in addition to):

1) Breastfeed. Not only is it wonderful bonding time -- even if it's difficult at first, persevere, it's probably what I miss most about my kids being tiny -- it also helps your body to return to "some semblance" of its original shape. Don't expect everything to go back where it was though, childbirth does change your shape (I was stoked to get some hips at last, but my bellybutton ring had to go forever Sad ).

2) Go walking with your baby. It's great for both of you and it gives you an excuse to talk to yourself while you're walking around Smile

3) Sleep whenever you can. If that's all you can think of doing when you have baby-free time, do it. Sleep helps your body get back into its old rhythms and honestly, mothers need sleep more than anything else in the universe except chocolate.

4) Don't worry about your body. It will be gorgeous (once all the floppy bits that have come loose in childbirth sort themselves out) and anyone who expects you to look like a virginal 13-year-old after you've had a baby is either a pervert, too thick to bother with or a nasty bitchy woman who's never had a baby and deserves to have her eyes scratched out. Come to think of it, scratching bitches' eyes out is also great post-baby exercise, go nuts.

And good luck!

No fucking censorship. Ever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My body is making it hard to enjoy life. Chilldyl 4 665 02-11-2017 09:48 PM
Last Post: FerdinandtheFilth

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)