Current time: 04-26-2017, 04:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Accidental Racist
09-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Accidental Racist

Brad Paisley (whom I love) and LL Cool J (who doesn't love Cool James? Wink ) have made a song together. The message is very powerful in my opinion and I found the song very moving. At least here in America, it is certainly something we don't get very often for a hip-hop legend to team up with a leading country artist-- much less to make a song about race relations (and a controversial one at that).

Now I'll admit, as much as I have always liked LL, he doesn't quite fit in this song-- most of his lines feel badly timed, on top of his vernacular sounding skewed when layered over Paisley's crooning, southern voice. But, I still feel that this song may do some good in clearing up the issues that I myself have long fought to clarify.

I patronize the Rebel/Confederate flag because I am southerner and get sick of people taking it that I am racist because of that.

Good on you, Brad and James Yay

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Accidental Racist
I thought he fit in the song just fine... It sounded a lot better than I thought it would, rapping over country tracks can't be easy... The message was perfect.

The whole song was cool though! thanks for sharing. I give it 2 thumbs up, 4 out of 5 drive by shootings & 5 out of 6 burning crosses!!
I usually don't listen to country, but country is cool stuff... it took me a long time to realize that...See, music is medicine for allHug
09-09-2013, 12:07 PM
That song reminds me of the 'Jane's Addiction', 'Ice-T' team up. Not quite the same message, but a similar subject, and a little bit controversial when it came out.

that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
Find all posts by this user + LZA
09-09-2013, 11:24 PM
^^^WOW Nice vid...Interesting to see...Remember when Ice-T had a rock group called Body Count, and they sang the song Cop Killa?
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2013, 12:43 AM
I remember Cop Killer…and all of the controversy surrounding the song.

For those who forget the song:

For those who forget the controversy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cop_Killer_...ontroversy

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)