• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A new kind of sexual harassment
    I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this before.

I have always understood the dangers involved in getting intimate with a co-worker. The first of these dangers would be the fact that you cannot get away from someone if they show signs of being unstable, disrespectful or just not right for you. They have access to you 40 hrs a week so cutting ties is not as easy as just saying goodbye and not answering your phone. As a result I have always looked outside the office for my intimate partnerships.

My co-workers don't seem to understand this a will always make attempts to earn my affection. Whether it be asking me to lunch everyday, trying to make weekends plans with me every week, asking for my number, finding me on Facebook, touching me sexually in the office or even inviting me over to their house after work. I always politely decline but that lead to one of two paths:

1. The harasser becomes more aggressive in their pursuit in a effort to restore the hit their ego just took. They must assume that if they can just get me to comply that they can feel good about themselves knowing that no one can refuse them. The harasser ask more frequently about spending spare with time me, touching more often sexually, overt sexual gestures, open invitations for sex, staring, nosy personal questions, asking for contact info more frequently and promising to be good to me. After all, no means yes, right? Of course this does not change my mind and I always ask the harasser to stop.

Which they usually (not always) do but during this time all the other female co-workers notice how I turned away this attention without a second thought. That tips over the dominoes and now every female co-worker becomes infatuated with the idea of being that special girl who can break through my boundaries. So now I must repeat this same process with every female co-worker until they are all strangely obsessed with an idea. Now the office is full of broken hearted girls. I don't want the attention. I just want to work and they just want to play and be dramatic. After the process has run it course most of the men in the office don't like me because I have stolen all the girls and broke their hearts when in reality I never even tried to mess with any of them.

Sometimes they don't ever take no for an answer and I end up with psycho stalkers who end up fucking with you even after you both have left the company.

2. The second path starts the co-worker taking no for an answer. You would think this would be preferable to me the co-worker still has compensating to do. They start by treating me like I am insignificant. In fact they inevitably tell them selves I am insignificant. If they didn't persuade themselves of that they wouldn't be able to leave me alone. But when they see I am fine with being insignificant to them they turn hostile and rude. They will often tell their followers (they guys in the office who swoon over them but wont ever get to touch them) that I am idiot and the rudeness extends to their entire clique. Now it looks like I have trouble working nicely with other people when the truth is I am the only one not being hormonal.

Can you imagine being forced to see people 40 hours a week who act hurt, hostile, horny or just plain psycho? Especially when all you did was your job? Especially when some of these weirdos have more seniority than you? And the men will always respond to this in their own pathetic ways too.

This has happened to me many times and I have found myself leaving many good jobs because I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I always end up with a few people who get whats going on that I can safely interact with at work but those handful of intelligent allies can't stop hormones from being hormones.

Am I just doing this wrong? Do I need to give up sales and just take up landscaping or crab fishing where there are no women. Is that fair to me?

Sidenote: I am very good at my job. I think this has something to do with women at the office being attracted to me. I also think they somehow pick up on the fact that I'm not stumbling over myself to get to them and it makes me the guy with standards. Just some theories but I know that I can't be the only guy who thinks in these ways.

Thanks for reading my rant. Any thoughts, questions?
    this is not a new kind of sexual harassment.

ugh. i long for the days when crap like this belonged in your hello kitty diary.

lols... the wonder that is the human ego.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (12-15-2014, 01:50 AM)sporkium Wrote:  this is not a new kind of sexual harassment.

ugh. i long for the days when crap like this belonged in your hello kitty diary.

lols... the wonder that is the human ego.

Dude, seriously? Are you lonely? This thread is not for the lonely.

Always a lonely guy comments along these lines. I wish girls kinda liked you too. lil bitch
    (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014, 11:44 PM by Manbearpig.)
    omg... you're playing hard to get? i must be in love with you. WTF

protip: get over yourself.

zomg... these women are touching me in a sexual manner! halp!

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (12-16-2014, 01:41 AM)sporkium Wrote:  omg... you're playing hard to get? i must be in love with you. WTF

protip: get over yourself.

zomg... these women are touching me in a sexual manner! halp!

No they aren't
    (12-16-2014, 01:55 AM)Manbearpig Wrote:  No they aren't

gosh... your continued act of playing hard to get is making you irresistible... it's making me want to touch you in a sexual manner.

Already touching myself, hope I can join you when he stops the denial.
    (This post was last modified: 12-16-2014, 03:08 AM by ColeMacGrath.)

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    (12-16-2014, 03:07 AM)ColeMacGrath Wrote:  Already touching myself, hope I can join you when he stops the denial.

ikr? i want to have his baby already.

I love touching myself to entitled little girls, think they have problems in life.

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    You must either be as hot as shit OR you have some incredible pheromones.

Now I will go masturbate as I think of you. Give it to me baby!

[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
    Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene