Current time: 04-24-2017, 12:28 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A minor suggestion
10-21-2014, 06:43 PM
A minor suggestion
This is a very minor thing and you probably won't want to spend any time on it.

But, I have noticed that when the "Edit" button is at the bottom of my window and I click on it, the box that offers the choice between "Quick Edit" and "Full Edit" is hidden. It appears as if it has fallen off the bottom of the window.

Anyway, it's just a little surprising the first time that happens and I thought I'd let you know in case you have never experienced that.
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: A minor suggestion
mine works fine

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Find all posts by this user
10-21-2014, 09:31 PM
scroll down... then click on edit.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
10-22-2014, 05:05 AM
(10-21-2014 09:19 PM)srijantje Wrote:  mine works fine

If you position the Edit button so that it is at the very bottom of the Window and then click on it, it should appear like nothing has happened. You can click on it multiple times but you should see no response.
10-22-2014, 06:24 AM
What is your actual suggestion then for the forum?

If I too scroll down enough so that the edit button is right at the bottom of my computer screen, and then click on it, nothing appears because it's right at the bottom of the screen and thus out of view.

Unless I've totally misunderstood you Ali, your thread does not contain a suggestion for RC, therefore could you please clarify what the suggestion is, because otherwise I'm going to send this to The Pit.

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
10-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Well, I really didn't know where to post this.

I just wanted to report this tiny problem and I just thought this was the closest forum for doing that.

But, if there is nowhere better for me to post this, then please go ahead and move it to the Fail Can. I will understand and wish you all the best.
10-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Is there any chance you could take a screenshot of what you're seeing at your end - it may be that staff cannot see the glitch (if there is one) that you see because the layout is slightly different for us.

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
10-22-2014, 08:49 PM
@AliShibaz I see what you are saying. Honestly the only thing that could be done is to make the popup pop up rather than down if the user has scrolled the button all the way to the bottom.

I will make an issue on GitHub when I have time, but I don't think they are accepting any new features because the series we are on (1.6) is no longer in open development. Since 1.8 was released I don't think they are accepting new feature requests.

Eventually we will get upgraded to 1.8 and I can make a ticket for that series.

Thanks for the suggestion. Smile

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2014, 09:04 PM
i don't see the problem. there is tons of space left under the last post.

for example, there is the space created by the new reply button, the quick reply window and stuff left at the foot of the page which includes emailing the thread, viewing a printable version of the page and the subscription options... not including forum information and other forum options.

the only way i can duplicate the edit options being hidden is by scrolling until the edit button is at the very bottom of the browser's window... at which time the edit options will not be visible. so, if that is the issue, just scroll a little bit until it's visible.

i don't consider it an issue because how often is that edit button at the very bottom of the window and even when there, you can just scroll.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
10-22-2014, 09:08 PM
I agree with spork,plenty of space for the pop up window

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)