Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

A Question For Bob
Ever since I saw your guitar solo video I've been trying to learn some Eagles on electric, but I can't figure out what in the Hell he's doing in the background on Hotel California.

Immediately after the chorus starts for the first time, there is a 'fill-in' line that ends on some very high notes. I have tried to duplicate this and I can't figure it out. Maybe I haven't given you enough to go on, but if you listen to the studio version you may see what I'm talking about . . .

'Welcome to the Hotel California' -->here da-da-da-derr-squeak Big Grin
Wildcard is awesome.
i only know the part you've heard me play (the ending solo).
tell me the time of what part you're trying to learn (example: 00m00s → 00m01s).
i'll look into it and if necessary i'll slow it down to pick up all the correct notes.
there are two different fill-ins:
1m47s → 1m50s
and
2m00s → 2m03s
which one ya lookin' at?
triple post for the win: i forgot i had the tabs for the whole song...
it's a guitar world magazine transcription, so it's accurate...
first and second fill-ins are respectively:

[Image: r6fPf.jpg]

and

[Image: e1QRk.jpg]

and the complete song tablature is HERE
that's a good audio site there bob
Sorry I'm so slow, triple poster. I will get the time stamp, but I already got the tab from several sources on-line and it doesn't sound right. I'll double post just as soon as I find the song (my drives are a mess Smile )
Wildcard is awesome.
(01-06-2012, 07:14 AM)karpackie Wrote: that's a good audio site there bob

what audio site are you referring to? Huh

(01-06-2012, 10:19 AM)Mark Wrote: I already got the tab from several sources on-line and it doesn't sound right.

of course it doesn't. online sources SUCK. that's why i provided you with an ACCURATE tab scanned from the guitar world magazine.
I didn't mean to be rude, I was just saying that the a couple of tabs I have match the one you posted, but I doesn't sound the same. If I can just find my Eagles folder I'll temporarily upload the version I'm listening to and note the time stamp of the line.
Wildcard is awesome.
(01-05-2012, 05:50 PM)Mark Wrote: [...] the studio version [...]

if that's the one we're talking about, the tab is accurate.
now, if it turns out to be a different version, there might be some variations.
No, I'm sure it's the studio version I just don't want to post the time of the fill-in and it be wrong. Here's a YouTube of the song that matches. I was wrong, it's the second chorus and the time stamp is 3:05 or so:

Wildcard is awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about a Guitar vs A Base AliShibaz 5 2,105 08-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Last Post: AliShibaz