• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

3d printed gun
    Cody Wilson, a 24-year-old law student at the University of Texas, didn't invent the concept of printable, downloadable guns. He's only created the first platform devoted to sharing the blueprints online for free to anyone who wants one, anywhere in the world, at any time. Wilson and his group of amateur gunsmiths, known as Defense Distributed, are also currently working on producing what may become the world's first fully 3-D printed gun, which they call the "Wiki Weapon." If it's successful, and on a long enough timeline, it could change the way we look at guns — and make them.

rest of article

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12/most-dangerous-people/?pid=1696

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    It won't be long before the government steps in and tells us that downloading guns is illegal and that if we download guns instead of buying them that gunsmiths will stop making guns of their own and creativity will suffer. :p

Srlsy, sounds cool.

Wildcard is awesome.
    that's what i thought,the possibilities are endless

of small minds[
    I want to download an Oil rigs...or a..Electric poles...or a car
    that's sounds even cooler

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
    May My Light guides you
    the only thing you need are raw materials ,a computer and a 3d printer and you can make anything. imagine you're in the space station,something breaks down,you just ask for the blue print and voila,i find this very exiting.
    ofcourse somebody had to think of making a gun,i wonder if i can print beer in the future,oh and.......Big Grin

of small minds[
    3d printers are being used to create the materials used in 4D printing. See here for more. Smile
    questions:
    this 3D printing matters is announced as the forms of Internet Freedom aka Freedom to share, but do the freedom to printed things in 3D or 4D shapes are available freely to those peoples in 3rd countries???

something inside me said all this freedom to share is limited only to some spoiled rich boy in India or Pakistan to print some nifty 3D models of Artificial Boobies rather than to some public scholar in RIO favellas or some skinny black Serengeti schools boy that desperately need to download a Microscope.

and the blue print is out of the questions if the necessity to have a 3D printer is costs more than US$ 9,000.

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
    May My Light guides you
    But could you then make 3D Printers and sell them cheaply?

I would give one to most members of RC :XD:
    well,you could start installing them in public libraries for example.just an idea

of small minds[
    (03-01-2013, 07:41 AM)srijantje Wrote:  well,you could start installing them in public libraries for example.just an idea

With your one you can be as philanthropic as you choose. You may choose to share your one by making lots and handing them out as a way of bonus for your best customers. Just an idea