Current time: 05-23-2017, 03:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
14 Killed At Batman Screening in Colorado
07-20-2012, 07:20 AM
14 Killed At Batman Screening in Colorado
Fourteen people are dead and up to 50 injured in a Denver suburb after a masked gunman opened fire at a late-night screening of the new Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

Witnesses speaking to the local KOA radio station said the gunman was wearing a gas mask and had released a smoke or teargas bomb before the shooting started. One witness described to CNN a "guy slowly making his way up the stairs and firing, picking random people".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul...ado-cinema

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: 14 Killed At Batman Screening in Colorado
I'm sure that you would never joke about such a thing.

But this is very difficult to believe.

In one way, I hope it is a hoax.

And I'd be willing to forgive and forget if it is.

It is just too crazy and horrific to believe it could be for real.

ETA: Oh well, it has been confirmed by too many sources now. It is not a hoax. It is for real.

But what kind of crazy mind would do such a thing?

I mean, you can almost understand why someone who had been bullied and treated badly at work and then fired would return and shoot his boss.

But what possible logic could there be behind this?

It's like going to a childrens birthday party and shooting that up. WTF is the sense?

I mean any tiny sliver of sense?

The guy is a Superman fan and hates Batman?

The guy loves TV and hates motion pictures?

The guy once worked in a movie theatre and was fired and vowed revenge against all movie goers?

WTF???
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 08:40 AM
like i been saying... the movie couldn't have been that bad.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
07-21-2012, 10:11 AM
was it that bad?

*takes out my gun and shoots the mod*

RIP railworks thread :'(

[Image: 3cu4N.jpg]
07-21-2012, 06:50 PM
i guess it was that bad.

you think the theater will provide vouchers so those people can see the parts they missed?

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
07-23-2012, 09:19 AM
One of the more annoying aspects to come out of this tragedy is the numerous media portrayals of the shooter. He was so intelligent, brilliant...blah...blah...blah. Is it just the 24 hour news cycle needing constant filler, or is there something totally screwed about making these people into mini-celebrities for the next unhinged moron to copy?

It would be better (true or not) if the police simply said: He lived alone. While he was well armed, he was pretty pathetic. He urinated on himself and begged not to be shot when captured. It would be nice if for once they would strip off the vaneer of cool they try to attach to these people. It's too much to ask.
07-23-2012, 10:01 AM
sensationalism sells. no one wants to read about a social reject or the dungeons and dungeons fanatic. they want to read about the the genius that lost his mind and shot up a theater.

07-23-2012, 10:37 AM
(07-23-2012 10:01 AM)stormium Wrote:  sensationalism sells. no one wants to read about a social reject or the dungeons and dungeons fanatic. they want to read about the the genius that lost his mind and shot up a theater.

I know and from a media perspective it's self perpetuating. They get to sensationalize and drive more future stories by hyping the killers. It's a cynical business process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  time to move to colorado... they legalized weed! sporkium 5 1,619 12-06-2012 11:52 PM
Last Post: srijantje
  cuban killed by polar bear sporkium 1 1,137 08-29-2012 05:36 AM
Last Post: snilloc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)